Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-17-2016, 11:11 AM   #1

Default 2004 Fun Finder 18.9

We got a heck of a deal on an almost brand new (albeit 10 years old) Fun Finder in 2014. I love it.

I am looking for parts now. The vent cover for the bathroom fan blew off in a fierce wind we had here in AZ yesterday. The fact it was all brittle from the sun did not help!

I'll be consulting my manual, to see if I can find the part number ... if not, I'll be back shortly!

peg

peglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #2

peg, welcome to the club! I installed a Maxxair cover over the hatch in the bathroom -- it works great. Let us know how it goes!

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #3

Many thanks profdant139

Do you recall where you purchased the Maxxair cover? I am looking on the Maxzair website and it looks like a cover that goes over the entire existing unit ... is that correct?
Old 12-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #4

I got it at Camping World, which is usually over-priced, but my wife found a great coupon. You can probably get it off Amazon more cheaply. And yes, it goes over the entire unit. It keeps out the rain completely, while still allowing great air circulation. The air vents are covered with a fine-mesh screen -- no bugs.

If you have no vent cover at all, you will probably need to create some kind of a closure so that your air conditioning and heating do not flow out of the opening -- the Maxxair does not have a closure. Maybe fabricate something out of a piece of light plywood, cut exactly to shape, with foam or reflectix on the edges, so that the board plugs up the opening from below and stays with a friction fit? It would not stay while in transit (too bumpy), but it would work when you are running the A/C.

The only downside of a Maxxair is that you have to go onto the roof of the trailer to install it. (I do not like ladders, especially at my age.) Installation was not difficult, if you are moderately handy -- if I recall correctly, I had to drill a couple of small holes in the side of the vent cover for a mounting bracket.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #5

I am much obliged for this information. Happy Camping!
Old 12-20-2016, 02:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by peglomaniac View Post
We got a heck of a deal on an almost brand new (albeit 10 years old) Fun Finder in 2014. I love it.

I am looking for parts now. The vent cover for the bathroom fan blew off in a fierce wind we had here in AZ yesterday. The fact it was all brittle from the sun did not help!

I'll be consulting my manual, to see if I can find the part number ... if not, I'll be back shortly!

peg
Is your bathroom vent fan full sized? Ours is just a little round thing that you push up to open. The large vent is by the bed. We replaced the Maxxair with s Fantastic fan. They must have changed things by 2008.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote