Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #1

Default .....a belated introduction from South Dakota

Hi, Cruiser/Fun Finder Folk!

We saw an FF in the parking lot a block or so from our house, about a year ago and immediately went in to see who owned it. they said, "It's ours and we don't want to sell!!" Well, all we wanted was a chance to take a close look. It was our first awareness of Fun Finder and we were impressed. On our way home from New England last October, we went through Cincinnati (Batavia actually) and walked through a few and bought a 2010 210WBS. We picked it up in November and watched it get covered in snow all winter and then used it three times this summer. And...we love it.
Holman RV orders theirs with the "bells and whistles" package: TV, powered awning, stainless, upgraded suspension, more durable finish on the outside, etc, etc. We also added a load leveler/anti-sway hitch, which is great. I'm a wimp when it comes to pulling a trailer in heavy traffic and wind, but this pulls like a charm.
Now, in my sorting through the forums looking for some ideas about a couple of issues (changing couch out for chairs, finding a labeled tech sheet for plumbing) I was surprised to see that as many people as there are who are having various issues with their FF units, and how angry some get.
I'm not real patient myself, so I can understand the frustration over leaks and mis-installed items in new units. We live over a 1,000 miles from our dealer, so going back is out of the question. We go the Black Hills in western SD every summer and there are a few excellent ones there (only 400 miles!).
Anyway, just thought I shgould add some positive input re our 210WBS. I think that it's well-built and we are very pleased with it and are thinking that perhaps, down the road, we might trade up for a slightly larger Fun Finder.
We pull ours with a 2007 Toyota 4 Runner, V8.
We have had two different Coleman/Fleetwood tent campers and really liked them both, but decided that a bathroom would be nice/necessary in our retirement travels.
We still have our 2008 Coleman Cheyenne if anyone is looking for such a unit or knows someone who does, like your kids mabe......please?
I'm a retired United Methodist pastor, working very part-time and my wife, Kathy, works across the street from our house in an assisted living facility, attached to our hospital, clinic and wellness center.
We have a little Bichon named Charlie; he loves camping.
We have 5 adult children, 12 grandchildren(2 within the last month) and one great-granddaughter.
We built our house in Britton SD(pop 1400+) in 2006, all one level, and plan to stay in it to the end.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #2

congrats and welcome

deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:07 AM   #3

It's nice to hear about rv's where all is good. Most of the problems with our trailer were caused by the previous owner. But I think there is more bad than good posted about just about anything because people with problems post about them but people who don't have no reason to post.

Welcome to the forum and I hope to hear more about your trips.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 03:04 PM   #4

HI,
A too and very pleased with my FunFinder and consider it a bargain for the $$ invested.
We truly enjoy ours and only wish we had more time to enjoy it.
Not far aware in Aberdeen.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #5

Hi Jack & Kathy,
We are glad to hear that you are happy with your FF and welcome to the site...
We are not too far away in Zimmerman, MN and want to spend a few days in the black Hills next year. I like prospecting and checked on a couple areas with the BH GPAA and we are excited about the trip.

Like you, we are new to the Fun Finder family and purchased a used 2008 FunFinder XTRA XT-190 Toy Hauler early this spring and love it. It pulls well and as others stated, more is probably posted about bad experiences than good. We were a bit skeptical, but the worst problem we have had so far was getting the antifreeze flushed from the blue water tank. This was not the manufacturers fault, but caused by the individual that winterized it. all is flushed and tastes like mountain spring water now.

Hope to get over that way next year and maybe we will meet some of the good folks in SD.

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote