Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 06:57 AM   #1

Default Almost, but not quite

The wife and I have been searching for a travel trailer to replace our 27ft er. Smaller, lighter, and without the extra beds that ours had. We thought we had found the perfect unit, a Fun Finder 21 ft. Saw it online, looked at the pics, called and talked to the owners, and made the 2 1/2 hour drive to check it out. We had set up a time and told them if it checked out, and was as nice as it sounded, we would make a deal on the spot and take it home.
We arrived at the home to see they had a yard sale in full swing, all the items laid out in front of the trailer. Even at that distance, I could see there were problems. It only got worse as we walked over to see the inside. It was no where near as described. Dirty, full of personal belongings that weren't in the photos, water damage to the roof that went down the wall nearly to the floor. There was no electricity to the unit, no water, so no way to verify the operation of the refrigerator. The owner said they had taken it camping, and hadn't had time to clean it out, but when pressed, he admitted it was over a year ago. He had a case of Sika sealer he was going to "give" me, and said it was due for a resealing. Roof was leaking no kidding.
Needless to say, we didn't buy it. This was the second unit in a row, that had a leaking roof. As a flooring contractor, I have a moisture meter, and though in this case the leak was obvious, having it was invaluable.
If we can find another Fun Finder 21 ft model, we'd love to have one, tons of storage, nice layout, and my wife loved the white interior and stainless steel. But, for now, we are still looking. Great site here by the way!

Steve079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer roofs need regular maintenance or leaks can develop quickly. Can only imagine what other maintenance was neglected. I'm sure the right one will turn up.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #3

Just curious what model number it was and the year.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:48 AM   #4
APD

Welcome Steve!
What part of the world are you looking in?

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:11 PM   #5

2006 x series M210. That unit had been baking out in the sun of the California Delta for the last couple years. Vinyl lettering and graphics faded and peeling, Back corner near the entry door were the leak had occurred, looked like it had been hit and torn loose. I looked inside the closet and 3, 2" screws were run through the trim and were protruding into the closet.

It was very frustrating, as I asked him specific questions, any roof leaks, pets inside, would we be able to run all appliances, check temp on the refer, run heater and A/C.

Well, the roof had been leaking, wall was still saturated, they had 2 Brittany Spaniels, so the trailer smelled like dogs, it was out of propane, and had not been plugged in, so the battery was dead. And, the front stabilizer was missing. The vent fan over the bed, and several of the plastic blades broken off, the bulbs in the lamps on the wall, next to the bed were burned out. It was a joke. The irony was, he said when we set the appointment, that he wanted to be sure we came when we said we were, as he had been dealing with a bunch of flakes....Lol.

Rants over.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #6
APD

Talking

Sorry you had trouble. Happens too often from what I've heard.
But you'll find one. Patience is rewarding (so they tell me).
Here in Georgia I catch a FunFinder on CL every once in a while. This time of year the prices are not always in the buyers favor but then again trade-ins are beginning to show up at dealers.

Let's hope for
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-27-2017, 06:40 PM   #7
APD

I know it's too far, but here's an example in West KY.
https://westky.craigslist.org/rvs/6002257242.html

Keep up the hunt....
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-27-2017, 07:13 PM   #8

Forgot to add where I'm at. Central California, up in the foothills. Above the fog, and out of the smog.

Not a lot of choices in the 19-21ft, walk around queen market, but thats our target, and under 10k.

This could take a while.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:29 AM   #9

Im sure you have looked pretty intensely but here is a place you might try.
https://www.smartrvguide.com/cruiser...-in-washington
Old 03-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #10

One more
"Cruiser RV" | RVs & Motorhomes for Sale | Used Motorhomes & RVs on Oodle Classifieds

http://www.rvt.com/Cruiser-RV-Cruise...campaign=oodle
Old 03-29-2017, 08:18 PM   #11

Thanks for the linls and helpful suggestions, I checked them out, and then found a RV a couple towns over on this site.

List of Lightweight or ultra-lite travel trailers for sale

Found something we liked, just happen to be off work tomorrow, going to go look at it. Maybe third times the charm.

« Hello! | Rookie »