Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #1

Default Gonna Have Some Fun

On Friday we (hubby and I) picked up our 08 Fun Finder X 189FBR! We've been checking it over and getting it ready to go camping. Plugged it into the house to cool the fridge and test AC. Haven't hooked it up to water and tested WH yet, but that's on todays list. Also have to refill the propane tanks. We travel all over Utah, NM, CO, and AZ. Will be pulling it with an 03 Dodge 2500 with V10. Pulled it home over the hills and it pulled great. We also just purchased a Yamaha generator (EF3000iSEB). Will it run the AC do you think? Set to get new tires this week before we take it out camping. We will be boondocking most of the time but I'm sure we'll hit an rv park once in a while just to make sure we keep up our people skills. Any and all hints and words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated. We are in the White Mtns of AZ.

BlueFeather

BlueFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Congrats on the trailer! You will have no problems pulling with that size truck.

Not familiar with the Yamaha version but we have the Honda 3000 and it runs the AC just fine. I would think the similarly sized Yamaha would perform just as well. I wouldn't recommend running both the AC & microwave at the same time though.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote