Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #1

Default Hey all

I just bought a Fun Finder X 189FBR, and will pick it up tomorrow...hopefully. (I still have to wait for the hitch to get installed.)

I'm normally based in Southern California, and will be traveling around the country this summer with my 14-year-old son who lives with his mom in Vancouver, BC.

Tow rig? It's a Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab. I'll let you know at the end of the summer if this was my best or worst idea ever.

guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:20 PM   #2

Oh man, I am *soooo* doing this whole thing wrong.

I'm leaving on a trip to Texas (flying there and back for an event this weekend), while my truck stays here to have the hitch, electrical, and trailer brake control installed. I'll pick it up on Sunday when I return.

I'll be able to do my run-through, and pick up the trailer on Monday afternoon. After a photo/video shoot on Tuesday, I'm on the road for the summer...no quick overnight trip to check for problems, no mini maiden voyage...it's straight to Pennsylvania for an event the next weekend.

I've already read a ton in the various sections of issues to watch out for, but this summer should be "educational," and I hope you don't mind, but I may be leaning on you guys for technical support.

The good news is, my parents are already about half-timers with their motorhome, and they've been really helpful about supplies I'll need, etc.

If you're bored, (and I hope you don't think this is too spammy) you can check their site out at http://www.rvtravelwithjudyandrick.com

Nope, they're not Fun Finder folks, but mom is pretty awesome with her camera and Photoshop.

As for myself, she's got me covered on scenic shots, but I've got the action photos handled.

guybmoto is offline   Reply With Quote