Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-27-2018, 11:43 PM   #1

Default Hi All..is this a camp out or what..??

well my wife and did it , we have a 19 ft with a slide..fun finder..been gotten all the bugs out of it..towed it home to find the black tank was full and so was the gray...O YA.. fridge was running hot so we installed a fan on the grid ,replaced all the lights with LED..gave it a good washing and a wax..and out on the first trip found a water leek in the fresh water tank at the vent..weld broken..so going to get it welded with a hair dyer and a soldering gun..up graded to a 30 in T V on a arm and looking for a good generator and rack for the back..this is all new to me.but I can't date to get out and Camp..

Bro Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:25 AM   #2

Welcome Bro Dean. Sounds like you know what you are doing. Which model did you get? We have some other members from your area and they have so much fun boondocking on your free areas.

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #3

For a generator, be sure to get the inverter type like Honda makes.
https://powerequipment.honda.com/gen...ter-generators

I have the Eu2000I w/companion and love them, always start on first or 2nd pull too.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #4

Believe it or not, the Predator Inverter generator at Harbor Freight is highly rated. I am in several motorcycle track groups and I have never heard someone give a bad review of them.
snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:19 AM   #5

Marty..We have a 210wbs...
Old 09-29-2018, 01:27 AM   #6

I have been looking at the Westing house 3500... have ya got some info on one..?? and do you weld or bolt a rack to the back.. Harbor Freight has a nice rack the size I like..with a drop ramp.. ( I got a bad back) lifting is out..
Old 09-29-2018, 09:25 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Dean View Post
I have been looking at the Westing house 3500... have ya got some info on one..?? and do you weld or bolt a rack to the back.. Harbor Freight has a nice rack the size I like..with a drop ramp.. ( I got a bad back) lifting is out..
Probably best to weld a rack to the trailer frame, although bolting would work if you have space to bolt a large enough flange to the frame to spread the load. Whatever you do, don't use the bumper as it won't support much weight.

I found my generator on Craig's List. Honda 3000is and it was virtually brand new. Still had all the tags on it. Much cheaper than buying new. I like it because the gas tank is big enough to run the AC for 8 hours overnight which is a must in summer in AZ.

The Westinghouse 3500 looks to be an open frame generator which will be very loud. If you plan on mounting on a rack on the rear of the trailer it will probably drive you nuts. As Eagle mentioned you want an inverter generator which for Westinghouse would be the 4500. It will be quiet enough you can still carry on a conversation and if you plan on using a computer it will provide more stable power.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:03 AM   #8

Good info..Thank you..!!
Old 09-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #9

From the Cruiser RV web site:

"CAN I INSTALL A HITCH ON THE REAR OF MY TRAILER?
No, Cruiser RV trailers are not built to accommodate this."

IMO a hitch = any accessory added.

FAQ | Cruiser RV

Old 10-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #10

Hi Bro Dean,
We bought the 2000w inverter gen from harbor freight for $500 64db our first year dry camping. It worked great and still does when we need it. But we installed 3 100 w flexible solar panels on ours 2 years ago and have only had to use the gen twice! I take the gen just in case we get a really cloudy day. We always dry camp! its way better than a hookup sight!

FunFindsUs! is offline   Reply With Quote