Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2019, 09:40 PM   #1

Default Hi everyone!

I am new to the club and I hate to admit that I found this club by trying to find a solution to my problem. I am currently a poor student at Texas A&M in Corpus Christi and am trying to get my Fun Finder X 160 ready to move down here to live in for the next year. I am happy to have found the club!!

Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:13 AM   #2

Hi there! Welcome...regardless of the motivation.. Saw your post for help with air conditioner...unfortunately I don't have a clue. I'm a new T-139 owner and not very knowledgable yet. Perhaps an admin person will respond tomorrow since it's after the weekend. Just thought I'd respond so you knew someone was out here... . Hang in there!

MissMabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMabel View Post
Hi there! Welcome...regardless of the motivation.. Saw your post for help with air conditioner...unfortunately I don't have a clue. I'm a new T-139 owner and not very knowledgable yet. Perhaps an admin person will respond tomorrow since it's after the weekend. Just thought I'd respond so you knew someone was out here... . Hang in there!
Thank you Miss Mabel
Old 05-03-2019, 07:28 PM   #4

Hi M, welcome to the forum. I hope you can find the help that you need for RV here. I also hope you will be able to get your grades up so you will no longer be a poor student.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #5

Do they still tell Aggie joaks down in Texas, like they did when I lived there in the early 1960s? I bet they don't -- it has become a very good (and very tough) school in the last 30 years or so.

Hang in there, and welcome to the Club!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:09 PM   #6

I lived in San Antonio in the early 70's and they were still telling Aggie jokes then. Being an import from Florida at the time, It took me a while to find out what an Aggie was, and then I had respect.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #7

ChirpZ and Profdant 139, yes they still tell Aggie jokes...thank God I am an Islander 😂 Once I get my BSN I won’t be poor anymore. I’m learning about the RV little by little. I found out I have to charge the battery to get the propane lit for the refrigerator. I got what I need to test all of the fuses and circuits, a 30 ft 30 amp RV extension cord and found a guy at church who has a 30 amp RV hookup at his house that he uses for his RV and he is going to help me go through mine to make sure everything is in order. I am VERY happy!!
Old 05-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #8

Huh? What is an 'aggie' joke?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:14 PM   #9

They were derogatory in nature -- supposedly, the students at Texas A&M were not very bright. I doubt if that was ever true, but it certainly is not today.

So here is a typical offering:

How many Aggies does it take to eat an armadillo?

Two. One to hold the spoon, and one to direct traffic.

(If you have ever driven over a former armadillo, you will understand why this joke was funny when I was a ten year old kid in Texas.)
Old 05-07-2019, 06:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
They were derogatory in nature -- supposedly, the students at Texas A&M were not very bright. I doubt if that was ever true, but it certainly is not today.

So here is a typical offering:

How many Aggies does it take to eat an armadillo?

Two. One to hold the spoon, and one to direct traffic.

(If you have ever driven over a former armadillo, you will understand why this joke was funny when I was a ten year old kid in Texas.)
Having traveled in Texas and Oklahoma some time ago, I did see lots of road kill armadillos along the Oklahoma interstate going north from Dallas ... but what is an "aggie?"
Old 05-07-2019, 08:19 AM   #11

Texas A&M stands for "agricultural and mining." The students are thus called Aggies. I think that is still true today. But the curriculum has greatly expanded!
Old 05-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #12

OK, thanks for letting us know as had no idea.

BTW, those "aggies jokes" are about the same as "polock" jokes told around here some time back.
Old 05-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #13

Kind of like Polish jokes (speaking as a person of Polish extraction myself), but often with a distinct Texas flair. And the Aggies were good sports about it -- I remember a common license plate holder that said "Texas A&M Ex-Student" (instead of alumnus), and it was usually mounted upside down.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Kind of like Polish jokes (speaking as a person of Polish extraction myself), but often with a distinct Texas flair. And the Aggies were good sports about it -- I remember a common license plate holder that said "Texas A&M Ex-Student" (instead of alumnus), and it was usually mounted upside down.
Now, that right there is darn funny!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #15

Lol lol lol
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #16

Lol lol lol