Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2019, 07:37 PM   #1

Default Hi from NY, 2008 189 FBS

Hi all, I just purchased a 2008 fun Finder X FBS. It seems in great shape. The exception is the front panel was soft, no moisture present. A sign of an old leak? The out side frame was solid and well corked. Any fixes without pulling off the panels?
I live in Suffolk county, Long Island NY.
I’m loving this travel trailer. I can’t wait for my first trip!
Also nice to see a fun finder club. Hope to meet up sometime during travels!
Jackie

Rosie930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #2

Default Same problem on our FF former leak made front end get wavy

Hi
We had the same thing. Except when we bought it we did not know there had been a leak. Unfortunately, ours got worse until the entire front was wavy. It sucked. But we found plenty of fun and it did not matter. I think the only way to fix is to replace the panels. I found youtube videos on how to do it but never did it. I just sold ours last week and i alreafy miss it.

Fun Finder X210wbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 05:06 AM   #3

Welcome, Jackie! Is this your first RV?
Old 10-14-2019, 09:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun Finder X210wbs View Post
Hi
We had the same thing. Except when we bought it we did not know there had been a leak. Unfortunately, ours got worse until the entire front was wavy. It sucked. But we found plenty of fun and it did not matter. I think the only way to fix is to replace the panels. I found youtube videos on how to do it but never did it. I just sold ours last week and i alreafy miss it.
I’m going to have the roof checked first. I saw post where there was issues with the front roof leaking. The front out side is solid. The inside is wavy and likely need replacement. Do you know where to get the panels?
Thanks Jackie
Old 10-14-2019, 09:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Welcome, Jackie! Is this your first RV?
Yes, It’s my first RV, since being divorced. I have had previously owned pop ups, TT and 5th wheels. I’m learning how to do everything. I love traveling and camping!!
Thank You
Jackie
Old 10-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #6

Hi! I'm also a new 2006 Fun Finder 189 owner. I bought mine used as a handyman's special. The entire front was removed when I bought it. I found extensive moisture and rot along every seam. (Poor Maintenance?) Check the tops of the interior side walls for moisture. The refrigerator vent on the roof also had leak issues and was quite rotten. I removed the entire roof and replaced all of the structure. Then a high heat self stick membrane and a one piece aluminum roof. Replaced any rotten 1x2 that I found and resealed the entire thing. The air conditioner just went on as well...no picture, yet!
Attached Thumbnails
Fred6.jpg   20190805_125340.jpg   20190720_084452.jpg   20190928_135832.jpg   20191013_143154.jpg  

DwainF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:19 PM   #7

Jackie, be sure to ask lots of questions -- us old-timers remember what it was like to be a newbie, and we love to help the new folks avoid our mistakes.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:58 PM   #8

I’m taking it for service. To check roof/ leak and rot towards the front. Front upper ceiling is soft and front wall was soft. I expect rot...also small leak by bathroom skylight. The outside front is solid! Hoping it’s not to costly for repairs. I also want to add an electronic hitch... I heard it doesn’t fit well because of the propane tanks. Possibly replace the radio/ guess update to Bluetooth.
Jackie
Old 10-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie930 View Post
I also want to add an electronic hitch... I heard it doesn’t fit well because of the propane tanks.
There is not a lot of room in front of the propane tanks, but there are power tongue jacks that don't have the bulk of the motor to rear. Here's one example:https://www.etrailer.com/Camper-Jack.../JET-3755.html
There may be other less expensive ones as well.

Another option is to install the jack sideways, so that the fattest part of the head isn't facing directly into the propane tanks,
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 01:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ View Post
There is not a lot of room in front of the propane tanks, but there are power tongue jacks that don't have the bulk of the motor to rear.
Thank You
Jackie