Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #1

Default Howdy All

I'm Tom Sherman, My wife Joyce and I are from Pensacola,Fl and new to this as we bought the toy hauler used and are looking forward to camping at Ft. Pickens (florida) for 4 days right after Thanksgiving for a shake down cruise. I only have one question (for now) how do you fire off the propane furnace? step by step

2008 Cruiser RV Fun Finder XT200 Toyhauler
tugjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #2

Welcome, the folks here are great. As you probably noticed, the user manuals are too generic as to be useful. I tried to fire mine up a few weeks ago, and actually had to call Suburban (the maker of my furnace). I believe that all you need to do is ensure that you have propane coming through your lines (check stove top first and clear air if necessary) and then slide the thermostat up all the way. It may take 30 seconds or so to fire up. While the furnace has an on/off switch, that should have been set to "on" by the dealer who sold the unit to the original owner. You can't actually see the switch on mine, so it must be under the housing, and inaccessible to me. Troubleshooting involves making sure that the wires in the thermostat make contact, and/or that the propane line to the furnace is not damaged--plenty of info online.