Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #1

Default Just bought a 189 FBR

Hi there,

We bought a 189 FBR model 2008 just before Christmas of 2007, and will bring it home next week. It is too cold now to use it, so we will park it next to the house and do some customizing and testing the systems. Looking forward to some camping around New England, and beaches in North Carolina come Spriing. This is our first RV, and I think that the 189 is a good way to jump into the RV world. I have had boats for many years, and we call this our land boat.

Johndeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:05 PM   #2

Default Fellow Marylander

Just a quick "Hello" from Garrett County (Deep Creek Lake) area of Maryland. My two sons live in the Wilmington, NC area and I recommend Topsail Island north of Wilmington. It's actually around Hampstead which is about 13-15 miles north of Wilmington. The beaches on the island are tremendous. There's a great KOA on the north end of Wilmington that we have stayed at previously that is very well maintained. There's another campground on the intercoastal waterway by the island and a couple on the island proper - not as nice but okay. The island is a bit less busy than the beaches around Wilmington (Carolina Beach and Wrightsville Beach).
Ours is a 2006 Cruiser RV T139 Fun Finder. Hope you like yours as much as we enjoy ours.

kegbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #3

Thanks Kegbender for the tips on Wilmington, NC. I can't wait to check them out in the summer. The camper is now sitting in the backyard.

Does anybody know of good places to go camping in the winter? Places like NY, VT, PA where one can go skiing and stay in the camper for the night. Or to go snowmobiling. There is gotta be some nice campground that welcomes trailers in the winter. I could live without water as long as they have nice bathrooms, electricity and dumping.
Johndeere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #4

JohnDeere, you might enjoy camping the Outer Banks of NC. Until now, we have always rented a house on Hatteras Island. I love taking my truck out on the Cape Hatteras beach. Early in the morning during the summer, we'll sometimes have a half mile of beach to ourselves. It's just beautiful. My son and my wife love it too.

We're seriously looking at travel trailers now and the Fun Finders are leading the list right now. There are many nice campgrounds in the OBX (Outer Banks). You can find good descriptions of them at http://www.visitob.com/outer_banks/t...ampgrounds.htm
VaVet96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #5

Default Winter Camping, Pa

If you are interested in winter camping, try Otter Lake in Marshalls Creek, Pa. They are open year round and you are close to Camelback Ski Resort and Shawnee Mountain for sking...
And the bathrooms are nice and heated...

good luck
Happy Camping
camel02@ptd.net is offline   Reply With Quote