Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #1

Default Just registered

Hello Forum,
Just registered and we (the Mrs.) and I are looking forward to chatting and connecting with Fun Finder X owners.
Hopefully getting some information etc..
We are just upgrading from a large pop-up to a X214WSD.
Hope everyone has a great holiday

oshawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #2

Welcome and Happy Holidays to you and yours!!

deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:34 AM   #3

Welcome.. the 214WSD is a beautiful floor plan. The first time I saw the 215WSK.. I loved it.. but wasn't crazy about the extra outside kitchen option (my camping meals are very simple.. dont care much about cooking). I wished they would build a 215 without the extra kitchen.. and then came the 214WSD!!! I love it! Wish I had one.
chuck9997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #4

Default X214WSD

New here and don't know if I am in the correct area to post. I have had two nice replies to my "Just Registered" intro.
In answer to chuck9997 yes we also love the X214 floor plan with one exception. I have been in touch with Cruiser RV and asked if the dinette seating and table could be replaced with a sofa particularlly the sofa feom their X210WBS.
Just to clarify I am not one to be trying to change things it is just that only the Mrs and I will be using the trailer and hopefully for extended periods of time. I just cannot seee myself enjoying sitting at that dinette for weeks or months and being happy. I was advised that this change could not be done. I also asked if i could purchase the unit without the dinette table etc. to install my own sofa side tables etc. Possibly was the answer. I will keep all posted with any updates on this.
Regards
Old 12-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #5

funny how people are different. The U-shaped dinette is actually one of things I like about the 214. I have a U-shaped dinette in the front of my JAYCO 197.. and really like it. To each his own!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #6

also.. I would probably take the table out most of the time.. if its easily removeable.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #7

Default X214WSD

Hmmmmm????
I agree it is curious how folks are different. That's what makes us so
We have a large pop-up with a "U" shape dinette and sitting area.
I find the upright position of the seat backs in the dinette not too comfortable as I also found in the dinette of the X214.
I am sure it is a very workable and useful set up for dining casual sitting but I feel that it isn't that if it is used for long sitting times / relaxing times.
BTW we really like the white or lighter cabinetry as it make the whole trailer seem so much larger.
Oh Boy I hope as a newbie here I don't come off as someone who wants to change the world I just felt that the trailer might have offered alternate options to their floor plans. They seem so easily accomodated from my humble perspective.
Old 12-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #8

Default Re: X214WSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawa
Hmmmmm????
I agree it is curious how folks are different. ........................
One thing that makes us different in the interior setup of our trailers is how we use them. Some people go camping, set up for two weeks at a campground and basically stay there, cooking all their meals, etc. Others may only setup for a couple of days and spend most of their time doing things away from the campsite. We use our travel trailer for traveling, as opposed to camping and rarely do any cooking. The trailer serves basically as sleeping quarters so the setup is kept relatively simple since we may just stop somewhere for an overnighter or generally not more than two days in one place. So the preferred interior configuration has a lot to do with how you use your trailer and each person will be a bit different.
No pets - Sponser Child https://www.childfund.org
gheicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #9

Default Re: X214WSD

[quote="gheicher"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshawa
... We use our travel trailer for traveling, as opposed to camping and rarely do any cooking. The trailer serves basically as sleeping quarters so the setup is kept relatively simple since we may just stop somewhere for an overnighter or generally not more than two days in one place. So the preferred interior configuration has a lot to do with how you use your trailer and each person will be a bit different.
We use ours for traveling also and the 210WBS with the sofa slide fits us to a T. We usually eat outside and prefer the couch for lounging. We have television trays that store behind the sofa for the rare times we "eat in". The sofa, to us, is much more comfortable for "lounging" after a day of sightseeing or hiking than trying to splay out in a dinette. Most of our time is outside and the TT is basically a "sleeping berth" on wheels. There are so many different uses these RVs are used for; lends to the prodigious number of floor plans.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote