Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2015, 11:23 AM   #1

Default Just saying HI!

Being new here and being a new FunFinder owner (265RBSS) I wanted to say hello and looking forward to catching up on posts in the forums.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 4x4 5.3L w/towing package
dhyravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:41 PM   #2

Welcome to the club! When did you get your new unit? And do you have any big trips planned! Are you experienced RV folks, or is this your first? (If the latter, be sure to ask lots of questions -- there are some really knowledgeable and helpful folks on this forum. Then there are others like me, who want to help but are not really experts.)

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #3

We are previous owners. We had a TT several years ago when our kids were young. We bought this one for our 35th anniversary on 9/15/2014. Haven't used it yet, been gathering all the gear we couldn't afford for our last one and planning our travels. Now that retirement looks like a reality in a few years we wanted to start preparing now. Probably won't ever go fulltime, but we really enjoy camping. I have been a semi-pro photographer for a number of years shooting sports and now look forward to using that gear for some landscape/location stuff.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #4

Wow! A pro! I am an enthusiastic amateur photographer -- still learning -- and I have found that camping is the ideal setting for landscape shots -- we camp in remote areas and then hike into the back country, lugging a tripod and a DSLR. In case you have a few minutes to spend, here is a link to my blog -- all of our travels have been west of the Mississippi, so far:

http://danschechter.blogspot.com/

If you ever get the chance, the Canadian Rockies are amazing -- I think that is my favorite location for landscape photography, although there are lots of great places throughout the West. Just to whet your appetite, this is a view of the Columbia Icefield from above, on the Wilcox Pass trail, taken in September of 2012:

(Apologies to my wife -- in this shot, her hair is being whipped by a 40 mph wind.)
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:34 AM   #5

Thanks for that! You can check out some of my stuff at: pixelitephotography.com and also on Facebook or MaxPreps. If this works, here's a cellphone shot of the new rig.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4&l=9b5abbb3b2

Well couldn't get the photo to embed in the post. Have to figure that out.