Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #1

Default Looking at 210wbs

Hello, I am currently looking at buying a 2008 210wbs from a local dealer. My question is what should I be looking for related to common problems with this model? Also, how would this pull behind an 03 gmc yukon? Mileage? Sway? Thanks!

profrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Site Team

I have a 2009 210WBS and love it. Not sure there are any 'common problems' specific to the this model. Just the same things you'd look out for in any trailer. You'd certainly want to be sure that it was maintained and check to be sure all the seams around the windows, lights, roofline, etc. are in good shape. Check all the appliances to make sure they work, as well as all of the accessories. Here's a link to checklist that will give you a pretty good idea:

http://rvbasics.com/techtips/Checkli...ying-a-RV.html

As for the GMC Yukon, assuming you have the tow package and weight distribution hitch it should tow just fine. I Towed mine with a 1999 Tahoe 4x4 with tow package and had no issues at all. I used a EAZ lift WD hitch without sway control. I figured I would add the sway control if I needed to, but it was never a problem. Even on the Interstate in windy conditions with tractor trailers running by at 75 mph.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #3

Thanks, they do seem to be pretty well built trailers. I will spend some time going over it pretty closely before anything else.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #4

I'll second LJAZ

We pulled a '08 210WBS for about 50,000 miles before trading it in on our 5th wheel. Marvelous trailer. Just the perfect balance of living space and storage in a compact, well made, package.

The only place I ever had an issue on mine was the front window. Any trailer with a front window (any maker, any size) is susceptible to water incursion around the window. Pay attention to that area and look for evidence of water damage. I had a leak in mine, my fault for not noticing a small crack in the caulking, and I caught it in plenty of time, but, it will be an area that you cannot afford to ignore in your, minimally, annual, preferably 6 month, inspections of the seams and joints of your trailer. The front window was a huge selling point for us, but, that part of your trailer takes a lot of flexing and a lot of "water pressure" stress. If we hadn't "run out of space" (we are retired now and it was proving to be too small for 3-4 months on the road with three cats...the breaking point was when DW asked "do you think we can get a loom in here?"; she's a weaver...) we'd still be on the road with that little gem.

We towed with a Jeep Hemi Commander, Equal-i-zer WDH hitch and a Prodigy P3 brake controller. Rock steady, stable, started and stopped as well as you could want. Even with the Hemi, our lifetime mpg average for towing 11.23 mpg. Low point was 8.5 once in the Rockies on back roads, lots of grades exceeding 9% and slow going with switch backs. High was 12.9 mpg, coasting through Kansas with a tail wind I'm guessing you can figure on the 10-11 mpg range. Some lower, some higher, but, on the whole, in that range.

Not buying from a dealer in PA are you?

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #5

Thanks for the info!