Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2019, 09:00 PM   #1
sun

Default Meet our new (2006) TT139x

We laugh every time we drive down the street as we come up to our drive and see this little TT. Our neighbors say we have a new "toy". We keep asking ourselves "Where is the rest of it".
We want to have some fun with our new toy. It needs new awning material and still needs a 3 way refrigerator, a little exterior repair in the fiberglass and window trim and some how need to fix a "rough" area where the outside separated from the "body".
But in the 2 weeks we have had it- we have replaced the sewer release valve because it leaked; replaced the toilet valve because the toilet leaked when the pump was turned on; and replaced the dead battery. We checked out all the systems- the a/c works great, the stove, pump, hot water heater, wall heater, and now the toilet...all work great.
We are heading out on Monday to take our 2 grandsons (ages 5 & to Rock Hound State Park in New Mexico, then to Tombstone and Bisbee, AZ and at the end of next week- have to deliver them to their new location (parents are military just moved back from Japan)...any way we will end up at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Nevada.

We started a link about needing window trim so I now know how to add pictures so I will do that in that thread.

We just want to post a big shout out to this club and all the videos and pictures we have found. We love the humor we have read also.
Maybe we will pass some of you on the road....happy trails!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6193.jpg   IMG_6195.jpg  

sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
APD

They are cute little devils ain't they?
People will do double takes on the road and approach you at gas stations to ask about it.
Happy travels.
Be sure and torque those lug nuts and check that air pressure before hitting the road.

Oh and take pictures....

Alan

1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
sun

How many foot pounds of torque for the lug nuts?
Old 03-07-2019, 09:24 PM   #4
APD

100 ft/lbs.
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #5

Beautiful! The decals are in great shape -- someone has been taking good care of this little guy.

I am surprised that there is a rear rack on the trailer -- how did they do that, since there is no rear bumper? Is the rack removable? What did they bolt the receiver into? (Please pardon the preposition at the end of the sentence -- I got a little too excited there.)

You probably already know this, but watch out for overloading the rear rack and then reducing the tongue weight. That could lead to sway problems.

The look of a 139 is very funny -- it looks like a toddler's Fisher Price toy. That's why we called our 139 the LMIC -- "Look, Mom, I'm Camping." The sort of thing a little kid would say. "Someday when I grow up I'm going to be a real RV."

Where are you located? New Mexico, perhaps? My mouth waters at the name of that state. Some of the best food in the world.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:29 PM   #6
APD

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
100 ft/lbs.
I should add that depending on who put 'em on last, you may find them less or more but with that size lug 100 ft/lb is what is recommended. More could break the lug and less could lose the rim.
As the truck drivers sing,"You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-07-2019, 11:10 PM   #7
sun

The rear rack looks like it is factory made on the trailer- we can't find a weld in the metal- the frame is solid. It is not removable. We thought it was strange...but then again- there really isn't a lot of storage.
We will only put a little firewood on the rack this trip so the boys can make 'smores.

Thanks APD for the torque info.

We are located in El Paso, TX but the trailer was originally sold out of Albuquerque and still has a NM title. We are (at least) the 3rd owners.
We bought it thru a craigslist ad... sort of a spur of the moment purchase...so we'll see.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #8
sun

We just love the humor....
(Please pardon the preposition at the end of the sentence -- I got a little too excited there.)....at least it was not a dangling modifier ...

Alan- we once lost/broke 5 lug nuts on a class c....2 day delay, new rim, and $1000. later.....we never want to repeat that!....but you're too funny!!!
Old 03-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #9

I just had a sudden thought -- there are four of you on this trip, right? Where are the kids going to sleep?

Wait, I solved the mystery -- that's what the rear rack is for!

(Seriously, if you are going to put them both in the fold down bunk, do you have a bed rail or a cargo net to keep them from falling out? Or velcro pajamas??)
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 11:07 AM   #10
APD

Smile

A few years back we took a trip in our 139 down to Florida with our two small granddaughters. And as you may be aware, it can get a little close at times.
Even tho we were camping on the beach, we had packed plenty of games and art supplies in case of bad weather. Those sure came in handy.
The ocean and the sand were great for wearing out over active kids but even with that as a playground we still got the, "I'm so bored" whine.
Bicycles. That's my guess for the rear rack. Might as well head to WalMart ......

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
Old 03-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #11
sun

(Seriously, if you are going to put them both in the fold down bunk, do you have a bed rail or a cargo net to keep them from falling out? Or velcro pajamas??)

THANKS!!! we actually have a bed rail but would not have thought to take it!!

The 8 year old decided he was going to sleep "on the floor"....but I don't know. The 5 year old is tickled that he thinks he will be sleeping "alone".
Old 03-11-2019, 08:04 AM   #12

We passed thru your backyard last week, stopped at Costco, then stayed 3 days by Las Cruces. We are visiting the Chiricahua Mtns now, will take a similar route as you to Tucson. We always look to spot other FF’ers. The winds are brutal out here!
Gerald Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:44 PM   #13
sun

We are in Deming NM right now....cold, raining, and the wind was brutal coming from Las Cruces. There is snow on the mountain and since it was raining we only went to the Rock Hound State park visitors center (camping was full- we wanted electric). Hope it is warmer tomorrow in Bisbee. We have a reserved site 9 miles out of Bisbee.
Old 03-14-2019, 09:40 AM   #14
Site Team

I think that was the tip of the "bomb cyclone" storm that's now hitting the midwest. We were at Picacho Peak and had the same weather. Should be nice weather for the weekend, although Bisbee is high elevation, around 6000' ish, so might be cool temps.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:36 PM   #15

Bisbee was cold, windy and rainy for us too. When we finally got to Tucson, the weather was marvelous. We spent 5 nights there, then moved on to Camp Verde. Weather is glorious up here too.

Gerald Miller is offline   Reply With Quote