Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2009, 04:59 PM   #1

Default New 139FK owner in Central VA

HellO! been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided it was time to say "Hi"!
I really, really, really lucked out with my brand-new-to-me 2005 Fun Finder 139FK....just happened to mention to a dealer that I wanted something easy and lite for me to travel alone (as a schoolteacher I get off 9 weeks each summer, but my workaholic boyfriend will only take off one week a year) and he told me he had some thing "out back". Thinking he'd show me a popup (some are lite, but many are heavy and NOT easy for a woman alone to set up!) you can imagine my delight when the 139 came into view!

It seems a gentleman in his 70's owned it and loved it (not a mark!) but he just didn't feel like getting up on the roof to check his sealant, so he had a wee tad of leaking into the front wall (on the FK, right over the stove). The dealer apparently didn't want to repair it (gave him a quote of $3000 to replace the front wall). I looked at it and decided that it would probably dry out OK and re-harden somewhat. so I told the dealer to ask the man what he wanted. Lo and behold!!!!!!!...he only wanted $2000! He also brought me a huge packet with his original receipt (he paid $13,571 for it !) and all the original booklets and pamphlets.It is absolutely spotless and not a mark on it! I took it home and opened it up for a couple of weeks, and now the wall is hard again, I sealed the roof, and it's good to go! I still cannot believe my luck!

I will be initiating some modifications on the bed/banquette...that table is waaaay to heavy for me to comfortably negotiate. I have come up with a good solution, and will post pics as I get it together. The BF and I tried it out over Labor Day (boondocking) and it was fabulous! No more wet sheets and humidity! Yeah!

I now be a happy camper!!! (Soooo glad to get out of the tents/popups)!

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Van

Nice find. Welcome to the Fun Finder club.

Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:51 PM   #3

Default Congrats on your FF 139

Sounds like you got a tremendous "deal". We have a 2006 T-139 and this is our fifth year in it. We love it and have nothing but fond memories so far. I will say that we had a leak in the rear on the "driver's" side two years ago. We found that it's best to have the roof checked for leaks annually by a professional because of the roof design used at that time. But, overall, it's a great unit and so easy to pull. Our tow vehicle is an '04 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with a 4.0L engine. Again, glad to hear of your find!
kegbender is offline   Reply With Quote