Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Wink new 2006 T-139

I guess the FF is not new - I am! Then again, my birthdate indicates that's not accurate, either. So I guess the combination of me with a 2006 T-139 is what's really new.

I'm second owner; it was carefully maintained most of its life by a retired couple who probably kept it in their garage. That obviously changed sometime in the last year, because it suffered a leak in the passenger-side front corner (above the dinette area). I do believe the leak is fixed, but I have to figure out how best to correct the water damage.

I'll be asking for help and ideas - it appears that this forum will be more helpful than contacting CruiserRV. And there's SO much I don't know! (You would have either laughed or cried to watch me tow it 20 miles or so when I had no clue that the brake controller could be and needed to be adjusted from about 14 to 4!!! Yikes!)

I'm excited to have this little RV and to make it "mine".

Shelley
2006 T-139 FF
2005 Honda Pilot
__________________

ColoradoShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,358
Default

Shelley --

Welcome to the club! Where in Colorado are you located? My blog about our two 139s may have some useful ideas for you -- see below.

Dan

The LMIC (Look Mom I'm Camping)
__________________

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:33 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Dan, I am in Monument - on the Front Range, between Denver and Colorado Springs.

Thanks for sending me your blog - useful ideas, indeed! I'm reading through problem-solution, one after the other. Fascinating! I'm impressed with your innovative ideas of how to solve each problem and then your application of those ideas. Pretty cool! I'm not the person who can follow through, but I do have one close friend who has a shop, skill, a desire to help and, occasionally, some available time. (And his wife is a very dear friend who doesn't mind him helping me.) So I am thankful in all directions as I take what you've shared, and pass it on to someone who can use it!

Several of your innovations indicate that you'll find out how well they work - unless I have missed it, I don't think you've added your followup assessments. That would be really great to know, too!
ColoradoShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
PaintyLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 436
Default

Welcome to the group! This is a great group, lots of knowledge and encouragement. I have a 2008 189FBR a little bigger than yours, great trailers! You can do many of the repairs and/or mods yourself. I am a 62 year old woman and I've done tons of mods, so don't feel intimidated! You can do it! You might enjoy going through my blog, I have posted a lot of pictures of the process of my mods. If you have any questions, please ask. https://WackyPup.blogspot.com/

Liz
__________________
2008 189FBR & 2014 FORD F150 Now Full-Time
Tons of Inexpensive Camper Mods WackyPup.com
PaintyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
APD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hickory Flat, Ga.
Posts: 364
Talking

Welcome Shelley! The little rigs are big fun and they attract friendly waves and hellos everywhere you tow 'em.

Alan
__________________
2005 T139FK
1995 Chevy G20 aka "Big Blue",
1994 GMC Camper Van,
1993 Chevy "Shorty" Van
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 201
Default

our 2006 t139 leaked in the same place. the bottom right corner of the front window had some rotten wood. my dear DH did a great job of cutting it out and repairing, replacing the framing wood with new wood of the same dimension. he cut out the old at an angle, and spliced in the new, used epoxy and screws to connect the splices. then he cut a new piece of furniture veneer to fit where he took off the original wall board, filled it with wood putty and sanded it all. I wall papered over it. the repair is strong and firm, no more rotten wood hiding behind the wall. good luck! we love ours, but sadly have recently traded it on something a bit bigger for several reasons. I'm sure we will often miss it!
Hilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Thanks, Hilda. I've read a lot of your posts, and they have been very informative.
Hope you like your newer, bigger RV!
ColoradoShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:17 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintyLiz View Post
Welcome to the group! This is a great group, lots of knowledge and encouragement. I have a 2008 189FBR a little bigger than yours, great trailers! You can do many of the repairs and/or mods yourself. I am a 62 year old woman and I've done tons of mods, so don't feel intimidated! You can do it! You might enjoy going through my blog, I have posted a lot of pictures of the process of my mods. If you have any questions, please ask. https://WackyPup.blogspot.com/

Liz
Liz, it looks like you have blogged a lot of helpful info. Thanks for sharing your blog.
ColoradoShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by APD View Post
Welcome Shelley! The little rigs are big fun and they attract friendly waves and hellos everywhere you tow 'em.

Alan
Thanks for the welcome!
ColoradoShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 06:54 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
our 2006 t139 leaked in the same place. the bottom right corner of the front window had some rotten wood. my dear DH did a great job of cutting it out and repairing, replacing the framing wood with new wood of the same dimension. he cut out the old at an angle, and spliced in the new, used epoxy and screws to connect the splices. then he cut a new piece of furniture veneer to fit where he took off the original wall board, filled it with wood putty and sanded it all. I wall papered over it. the repair is strong and firm, no more rotten wood hiding behind the wall. good luck! we love ours, but sadly have recently traded it on something a bit bigger for several reasons. I'm sure we will often miss it!
Hilda, we haven't pulled down the inside wall or ceiling yet. I wish we had (but it's sitting out at my friends' who will help me get this repaired). There are a couple of things I'm not sure we know yet, but I'll bet you do!

I think I read somewhere that the structural seams/supports are steel (but maybe that was on a later model or a larger model). But other than the main perimeter, what is the structure - 1x2 board? something else?

What did you do for insulation? Would 1" foam board work, or is there something better?

I think for interior, we're doing 1/4" sande (pine) plywood. Does that sound good? And, unless we're having so much fun that we want to redo the front side over the dinette that doesn't need it, I'll have to decide whether to wallpaper or paint the plywood.

I'm thankful for the pointers that you already gave me, and which I passed along, but knowing these things could help me purchase the right materials the first time!

How's your new trailer working out?

Shelley
2006 T-139
2005 Honda Pilot
__________________

ColoradoShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Fun Finder RV, Cruiser RV, or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.