Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2017, 02:33 PM   #21

If you are not getting satisfaction from the dealer or mfg, these people can/do help folks.

Trailer Life
2750 Park View Court
Suite 240
Oxnard, California 93036

OR ~

email: info@trailerlife.com and include your full name, location and the situation.

Best for a positive outcome.

Old 03-11-2017, 02:41 PM   #22

Seems like all RV manufactures are making trailers very poorly these days. Sorry about all the problems you are having and hope you get a resolution soon.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy View Post
Random holes started appearing in the fiberglass. Dealer has it but has no idea what is going on. They are pulling the roof back Tuesday to see if some screws or something poked through. Also have two cracks on opposit side above slide.

Three windows leak, and sink leaks. They are fixing it, I'm not mad at the dealer , yet... but I had it for a whole week before it literally started falling apart. They said it needs to go back to Indiana, which is perfect timing for the best season with the kids. I've told them I'm not letting them take it for 6 weeks, so we shall see what happens.
We will be in the market for a full time RV in the not too distant future and it will NOT be a Cruiser/Funfinder aka Heartland brand. I have heard too many complaints about the late model rvs and lack of service. Yes, every brand will have complaints but the kinds of things that we are hearing about Cruiser are pretty disgusting. I think we will be looking closely at the Winnebago products.
I am so sorry that you have run up against this. I know I would be looking into a way to nullify the whole deal. Your time is worth a lot and being given the runaround is not acceptable. Shameful. Some on here have said that they expect to have to fix problems with new rv's themselves. To us that is not acceptable. You put your money down for a decent, new finished product, not a work in progress by yourself.
It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
If you are not getting satisfaction from the dealer or mfg, these people can/do help folks.

Trailer Life
2750 Park View Court
Suite 240
Oxnard, California 93036

OR ~

email: info@trailerlife.com and include your full name, location and the situation.

Best for a positive outcome.
How can Trailer Life Magazine help people who have bought a lemon trailer?
Why would they have any leverage to help a consumer? Just curious.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
How can Trailer Life Magazine help people who have bought a lemon trailer?
Why would they have any leverage to help a consumer? Just curious.
Apparently you do not get their magazine.

Every issue has a page or so of folks that have issues will every brand/model of camper/RV and they have contacted the dealer and or mfg and expedited a favorable resolution for the owner.

Drop them an email and inquire.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Apparently you do not get their magazine.

Every issue has a page or so of folks that have issues will every brand/model of camper/RV and they have contacted the dealer and or mfg and expedited a favorable resolution for the owner.

Drop them an email and inquire.
I plan to do quite a bit more if I don't get a resolve in my favor lol. I'll contact them and pay for billboards down the road if I have to. I'm supposed to hear from them today regarding the final word. They were supposed to peel the roof back yesterday and call me today about what actually happened, I'm assuming that won't happen, just based on the attitude they always seem to have towards me. I've refrained from posting anywhere or doing anything super negative because I like to give them the benefit of the doubt. But if I don't hear from them today and they don't have any answers for me, then i almost feel bad for them.
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:23 PM   #27

I just realized i never updated everyone as to what happened. Dealer fixed the trailer, looks really, REALLY good too, i'm actually pretty pleased with them, in the end. Though... now we have some other not so horrible issues. The sink is rusting, .... yes.. the stainless steal sink is somehow getting spot rust, not a fan. They ordered me a new one , and will be replacing it in the next week or so.

Aside from that, i'm still very very very very mad i purchased a funfinder. I thought I was paying a premium for a not so " factory " built trailer. Their are other trailers for a 10k better price with the same interior, the same floor plan, and more importantly, the same amenities. the fun finder is just put together poorly. ALl of our window shades that go above the windows, and hold the shades, they are crooked. nearly all of the lights in the trailer, those are crooked too. The reverse lights, / tail lights, etc, those are not level with one another ( found this out using them as a reference point to measure something..... that ended up sucking ). The front LED's are held on with a butt load of clear cauking it looks like, I know that's how most of them are, but these.. it's just nasty.

The hinges , they aren't actually screwed in, contrary to what others may believe, I opened a door the other day, thing just snapped off the hinge, it has screws, but they dont actually screw into anything, just a plstic cap. The sewing in the couch / table benches is coming undone ( used about 4 times now, so a total of maybe 15 days ). the antenna only works when it wants to. Their are random pieces of trim around the entire trailer that are either peeling, or were fixed at some point, then they just put a random putty trying to match the color to cover up the holes they made, two of the doors won't close properly.. even the cover to the fuse box is crooked... give me a break. The stain they used for the dark wood... yeah, if you wipe it down with anything remotely damp, just takes the stain right off. They also put some sort of " finish " over it , to make it look pretty and semi glossy, they did not do this in places they thought people would not look. Even the AC's are crooked, the thermostate is crooked. EVERY drawer, and door that opens is crooked, none of them line up. Their are three above the sofa in the living room, all three of them are at different heights / levels. Two windows are blatantly crooked, lopsided. The felt / cloth they used for accents over the windows, those are crooked, WAY crooked. The actual doors themselves, the frame, those are crooked too, at least two of them. The couch cushions were not properly sewed to the backs, they merely use velcro, after using that as a bed twice , a GIANT hole tore in one of them. Bceause.. it just sits their with one giant piece of velcro. The floor creeks when you walk over / on / it. At least in two specific spots. The hole for the entire outdoor kitchen, it's crooked. None of the lights are actually LED, like the MSRP sheet says they are, their are leds everywhere, except for the main valances. Not only are the actual lights themselves crooked, but their are three in a row, right down the middle of the trailer, those don't line up with one another, they are lopsided by about 2 inches each. The control box that controls everything, that's crooked too.

I get that some of this is just OCD, but that's why I paid 27k out the door for a trailer that really has NOTHING another trailer with a bunk house room doesn't have. They all have the same couch, same table, same basic cabinets, same colors, etc. I THOUGHT i was buying a better brand, and I thought I was buying the lightness of the trailer, the frame isn't even very good, at least from what i've read. I'd strongly, STRONGLY suggest anyone looking at the funfinder check for everything being level. These guys were so bad with everything inside, I hate to know if my trailer is even installed on the frame level. It's a shame, i love my trailer, i'll use it until it won't hold people any more. I'm just sad because I feel like I was ripped off for 10k, I could have got the EXACT same unit , under another brand, without the " funfinder " name, for 19k OTD, i feel like I was lied to, manipulated, and worse, stolen from.

Happy camping guys!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:49 PM   #28

The best advice I can give is always buy used. Used trailers are cheaper and generally have all of the issues either worked out or obvious during the inspection.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:12 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinster2 View Post
The best advice I can give is always buy used. Used trailers are cheaper and generally have all of the issues either worked out or obvious during the inspection.
Ha, i'll never buy used. I'll just next time ensure I go over the thing with a fine tooth comb. I purchased it, the stuff didn't get crooked once I purchased it, it's equally my fault too, I could have saw it, inspected, and turned it down, and I didn't. The fact still remains though, the funfinder brand comes with a higher price tag, and you simply don't get a better trailer, from what I can tell, any aspect of the trailer, its just not a " better " trailer than say a cheaper jayco of the same length.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:30 AM   #30

Quote:
I totally agree. I've read that the Best Buy on a trailer is one that is about three years old and like you said the serious issues should have been taken care of by the previous owner not to mention the serious depreciation that occurs on all trailers immediately. I would never expect a new car to have to go back to the dealer for fixes immediately after purchase for the kinds of problems we see in trailers. The American way seems to be lusting after that shiny new thing. Some equate acquiring them as a measure of their success in life. But after the check is signed it's off to the next thing that will surely make them happy this time. I've never bought into that and never will. We may be the oldest or smallest rig in the campground, but it's paid for and we can enjoy the same experience that those fancy rigs do without being maxed out and frustrated.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:30 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
The American way seems to be lusting after that shiny new thing. Some equate acquiring them as a measure of their success in life. But after the check is signed it's off to the next thing that will surely make them happy this time. I've never bought into that and never will.
Not sure I would go that far. Hey, I like new things as well as the next person. I generally buy new cars even though they depreciate like hell. The reason is that I depend on them to get me from point A to point B safely without leaving me stranded somewhere in the middle. And when I do buy a new vehicle, I tend to keep it for a long time and actively maintain myself. And I can see the appeal about buying a new travel trailer, especially if you can not do a lot of the upkeep and fixes that a used trailer requires. To many, buying new does give peace of mind that issues will eventually be fixed.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:46 AM   #32
APD

Billy, glad to hear your troubles are being (somewhat) addressed. Sounds like you have a good service facility there. Maybe they can help with some of your pain.

I'm not gittin' any younger and maintenance is not as easy as it used to be. But, I kinda enjoy tinkering and as long as I can I will. Depreciation is the main reason I like to buy gently used.
Our '94 GMC van, for instance, has over 316,000 miles and it'll go anywhere a new one will go.
Our '05 FunFinder has had a lot of work done to it from top to bottom, a new roof to a new axle. But I now know what it's made of. I wouldn't know what's behind the walls of a new rig.

Everybody's different and that's what makes this a great world.

Alan
1994 GMC Camper Van,
APD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:02 AM   #33

Billy, it was awful reading through your list of workmanship problems but I'm glad you are happy with your rig and enjoying it anyway. As you may know, we are in the process of "fixing" up a 20+ year old rig. I am going to attempt to share a photo of something we discovered in it. It was a real "scratch your head moment" when we saw it. We'll be correcting this. LOL!!! Oh, and the pink flowered wall covering will be gone as well.

http://www.funfinderclub.com/forums/...icture567.html
Old 04-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #34

Hey, Mich...tried your link and it said invalid!
Old 04-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie View Post
Hey, Mich...tried your link and it said invalid!
Weird. It takes me to the photo. Hmm. Just go to my gallery?
Old 04-06-2017, 04:35 PM   #36

Tried looking for your gallery and it's not there. Tried your link again with no luck��
Old 04-06-2017, 04:47 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas newbie View Post
Tried looking for your gallery and it's not there. Tried your link again with no luck��
I see my album below everyone else's. But I don't see it up in the group with everyone else. Maybe because no Funfinder picture in it.
Weird.

https://www.funfinderclub.com/forums...-albums57.html
Old 04-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #38

Use Photobucket and paste the url into the posting.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #39

Quote:
Use Photobucket and paste the url into the posting.
Been through this before. I use my iPhone and I can't do links in messages. But the one above should work. It does for me. It links to my album on here. I put my photos (over 20,000 of them) on Flickr. I can't post picture urls from there on here either.
And all of my links above work for me. The album is public.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:01 AM   #40

I would have to agree with Billy on the quality control. I bought my 280QBS new last year for under $19k and I am still a little upset with the purchase. A few things I fixed myself and front led's burnt out before acceptance. I didn't even have dealer replace those for fear of them missing it up. To replace you have to pull the front nose cap to get to the wiring, not what I wanted them to do to a new camper over a couple of burnt out lights in an led strip. Quality control is definitely lacking in these things.

Buckem is offline   Reply With Quote