Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2019, 08:08 AM   #1

Default New member and new owner

The wife and I are first time TT owners as well as new members on this site. We bought a 2007 Fun Finder X 160 a few weeks ago. The interior is in great condition with only a few blemishes. The exterior had all of the decals removed and the trailer was so oxidized that you could still clearly see the impression of the old decals. The first weekend after I bought it I removed the oxidation, waxed and polished it. Now it is shiny and ready for new decals of owner choosing.
This past weekend was owner first trip out. Once we got setup at the camp site I noticed the diamond plating on the front had pulled away from the trailer about an inch. When I stuck my hand in there I felt wood rot. I assume there is a leak around the window. I am now concerned that I may have a bigger issue. I will be attempting the repairs myself and have so many questions. My first couple are below.
1. Are there any schematics or manuals available on how the travel trailer is built? Something like a Chilton’s for travel trailers would be great.
2. Does anyone know the exact weather stripping needed for the vertical corner sections as well as the section separating the fiberglass and the diamond plate?

Zavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #2

This youtube vidoe may be of interest to you:

Here is part 2:

and part 3:

Old 08-06-2019, 07:02 PM   #3

Need help with the awning led strip lights on a wsk215 model,only the first feet of it works in all modes and colors, any help will be appreciated.
AdamDabbagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 07:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamDabbagh View Post
Need help with the awning led strip lights on a wsk215 model,only the first feet of it works in all modes and colors, any help will be appreciated.
LED lights are fickle.
There is no repair, only remove and replace has been my experience.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #5

Is there a four pin led strip only that can be plugged into the existing power source without buying the whole thing?
Old 08-06-2019, 07:20 PM   #6

According to the manufacturer the strip is permanent and removing it may damage the surface is mounted on
Old 08-11-2019, 02:59 PM   #7

Quote:
According to the manufacturer the strip is permanent and removing it may damage the surface is mounted on
Outdoor kitchen door doesn't go in for the latch to work on the right side wsk215 model, any suggestions?
Old 08-11-2019, 03:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Outdoor kitchen door doesn't go in for the latch to work on the right side wsk215 model, any suggestions?
Never messed with an outdoor kitchen but someone else may have and will respond.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:19 PM   #9

Appreciate the response
Old 08-11-2019, 10:48 PM   #10

Hi and welcome to owning a Fun Finder. Our last trailer was a 2007 X-160, so I know exactly what you have. We now have a 2007 X-240 with more room. If you watched the videos you may have found out your trailer has an aluminum superstructure or framework. There is still some wood, but the walls do have aluminum tubing rather than just wood. There are 3 possible leak inlets. The seam on top where the roof meets the front. Mine leaked there. The front marker lights and, of course, the window. There are no weather strips, all is sealed with Dicor caulking. The material used for the front panel is called Filon. A you tube search for replacing Filon will let you see how it's done. Chances are the only permanent fix will involve removing the edge mouldings and the aluminum diamond plate. At least pulling the Filon loose to get behind if to the wood. Use lots of Dicor going back together. Seal the top, the lights and all around the window. Good luck.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 06:40 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavin View Post
The wife and I are first time TT owners as well as new members on this site. We bought a 2007 Fun Finder X 160 a few weeks ago. The interior is in great condition with only a few blemishes. The exterior had all of the decals removed and the trailer was so oxidized that you could still clearly see the impression of the old decals. The first weekend after I bought it I removed the oxidation, waxed and polished it. Now it is shiny and ready for new decals of owner choosing.
This past weekend was owner first trip out. Once we got setup at the camp site I noticed the diamond plating on the front had pulled away from the trailer about an inch. When I stuck my hand in there I felt wood rot. I assume there is a leak around the window. I am now concerned that I may have a bigger issue. I will be attempting the repairs myself and have so many questions. My first couple are below.
1. Are there any schematics or manuals available on how the travel trailer is built? Something like a Chilton’s for travel trailers would be great.
2. Does anyone know the exact weather stripping needed for the vertical corner sections as well as the section the fiberglass and the diamond plate?
These old trailers were not built very well. I had a massive leak at the clearance lights at the top and at the diamond plating. The rot was so extensive the entire front end of the trailer came in on the highway. There is not manual on it. Just rip it all out and get the parts from an RV store. They can source the fiberglass and the panelling as well as any moulding. As for the wood and can purchase it it have it milled. I had the entire from end removed and rebuilt.

Removing the rot is crucial. Get all new wood and then seal it up properly. And always, always keep an eye on the caulking. Any cracks fix immediately.
Attached Thumbnails
P1040563.jpg   P1040564.jpg   P1040568.jpg   P1040571.jpg   P1040573.jpg  

P1040569.jpg   P1040570.jpg   P1040561.jpg