Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-22-2012, 06:53 AM   #1

Default NEW MEMBER WITH QUESTIONS

Hello to all the good fun finder owners here. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself, and my prev. loved 2006 F.F. T-139 a.k.a. (peanut); that I just purchased in May 2012. I am somewhat new to the camping lifestyle, having only camped in our previous pop up tent camper by Coleman. I can only speak for myself when I say, thank the lord for small lightweight fully self contained Travel Trailers. I truly love the outdoors, sitting around the fire, and enjoying all that Mother Nature has to offer. It is alot more enjoyable to do this in my little (peanut) with my wife when we are cool in the heat of july and warm when the temps drop in the early fall. With that all being said, since we are new to travel trailer life, there are questions that pop up from time to time which I am sure most of us have had one time or another. One of these questions would be, Why would my Black tank monitor be reading 2/3 full when the tank is empty? Thank you in advance for help with your answers. I am sure I will have more as we continue forward in our advetures.

F_FT139_WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:08 AM   #2

Welcome. It's a blast. I was new to this world when I got my FFX160 4 years ago. Great people here to help, for sure.

Your tank could be reading partially full if paper or other matter is stuck to the sensor. Or, the previous owners could have not emptied it completely. Did you pour 1 gallon of warm/hot water down the toilet with your chemicals? (This should be done after emptying the tank...)

Old 09-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Site Team

+1. Most likely 'stuff' stuck to the sides of the tank. There's several remedies out there if simple flushing it doesn't work. Another is to dump a some ice in there and tow it around to slosh the ice around inside the tank and scrub the sides a bit.

Several folks have have installed a black tank flush valve directly on the black tank to rinse the tank after use and swear by them. Search some of the threads in the modifications, repairs & maintenance forum and it's discussed in several threads.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote