Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Default new to FFC

Glad to find a club/forum to share info. I bought this, my 1st travel trailer, an '03 SC FF T139 last summer. I bought from the orig owners, an older couple, who had used it sparingly in the 11 years of ownership. It was stored inside a large garage in the cold weather. The condition is quite immaculate and shows no sign of use, both inside and out.
Anyway, I'm just happy to be warm (or cool), dry and comfortable. I really love this trailer and it suits me just fine. Since 99% of my trips are just me, there is plenty of room/storage available. I travel to a lot of music festivals and weekend camp trips, so it's perfect.
Any advice or info to share, regarding this model would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

Musicman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:31 PM   #2

Welcome to this forum and congrats on finding a very lightly used T139.

Any questions you have, be sure to post them and there is a wealth of info here from those well experienced.

Happy camping!

Old 03-28-2016, 12:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Welcome to this forum and congrats on finding a very lightly used T139.

Any questions you have, be sure to post them and there is a wealth of info here from those well experienced.

Happy camping!
thanks..!!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #4

Welcome to the FF Forum, Musicman24-
Sounds like you found a great trailer. One thing most of us RV owners find out very soon is that the sealant used on the roof joints often pulls apart with age. Because your trailer was stored inside, perhaps this is not an issue, but might just check anyway. You can search this forum (note the search link up top) where numerous members have talked about water damage, roof and window sealing, and which sealants to use. Many of us use Dicor products Dicor Corporation | The Dicor Corporation | Official Website and they have some decent videos on their website.
Also, don't forget about the age of the tires. If they are the originals from 2003, they may look fine, but I have read that tires age out and need to be replaced.
Hope you will have lots of happy memories in your Shadow Cruiser.
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:21 PM   #5

Welcome to the Forum Dave!!!

An older trailer stored under roof is truly a find, good going!!!

I agree with the comments above... I have an '08 that was supposed to have been stored under roof. However, I crawled up on the roof and found several areas where the sealant had dried and pulled away. They were at the TV antenna bracket and lead, the A/C, sewer vent, and ceiling vent... not bad, but a few cracks and gaps were exhibited. I stopped off at Camping World and the guys recommended a "Rubber Roof" caulk... I believe it was Dicor Self Leveling. Anyway, easy fix and no leaks...

As far as the tires, I stopped by Discount Tire and the guys checked the tires for me... They said my tires were good yet, but made some suggestions for the next set...

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #6

Our first trailer was an '03 T-139 -- we bought it in 2005 from an older couple who had used it very little. We used it a LOT for six seasons and then bought a new X-139.

If your 2003 is configured like mine was, the black and gray drains are way in the back, so be careful going in and out of steep driveways. If you intend to keep this unit a long time, you might want to consider raising the chassis. I think the 2003 has a Dexter torque-flex suspension -- I might have the terminology wrong. But if that is right, then there are lift kits that will give you better ground clearance.

Anyway, congratulations on joining the club -- you are going to have a lot of fun!! Is this your first trailer? Where are you planning on going?
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:18 AM   #7

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and advice/tips.
I have checked all the joints, flooring, frame, electrical etc. All seems fine. A friend who is a long time RV'r, with extensive knowledge/experience has also gone over the unit and given it a thumbs up.

2003 Shadow Cruiser Fun Finder T139
Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #8

That is good news!

Now, it's on to exciting camping adventures.

Happy Camping.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
Our first trailer was an '03 T-139 -- we bought it in 2005 from an older couple who had used it very little. We used it a LOT for six seasons and then bought a new X-139.

If your 2003 is configured like mine was, the black and gray drains are way in the back, so be careful going in and out of steep driveways. If you intend to keep this unit a long time, you might want to consider raising the chassis. I think the 2003 has a Dexter torque-flex suspension -- I might have the terminology wrong. But if that is right, then there are lift kits that will give you better ground clearance.

Anyway, congratulations on joining the club -- you are going to have a lot of fun!! Is this your first trailer? Where are you planning on going?
yup...exactly...black/grey in rear end. I'll keep the suspension mod in mind.
This is my first trailer. As I mentioned in my first post, I bought it in July, '15. I've been out with it 6 or 7 times, already. I will make mostly 3-4 day/long weekend trips. I absolutely love it so far.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:14 PM   #10

Welcome Musicman. What kind of music festivals do you attend? That's what we like to do too, mostly bluegrass.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marti View Post
Welcome Musicman. What kind of music festivals do you attend? That's what we like to do too, mostly bluegrass.
Mostly Blues and Bluegrass fests. I'm in north Jersey, so NJ, NY state and Pa are my destination 90% of the time.
Wind Gap BG and Briggs Farm Blues fest in Pa are both excellent.