Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Club Community Forums > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #1

Default New to the Fun Finder World :-) (NJ)

Hi everyone! We are from southern NJ and will be getting our 2010 Cruiser Fun Finder X189 FDS on June 2nd and needless to say we are excited. We have been looking at small campers and this one looks like it will certainly meet our needs. Also, our kids who both have families will be able to take this camper out on vacations.

We orginally were going to purchase property somewhere but decided getting a camper would be a lot better and wouldn't be tied down to any one place... we do have property up in Ontario, Canada but that is just too far to go from here for a weekend getaway...

My hubby is retiring the end of this year and plans on spending more time with our fur kids (3 Spinone & 2 E. Pointers) traveling to some out of state field training & hunt tests. Not all would be going at one time and 1 E. Pointer is 16+ yrs old so she is retired and on permanent R&R . Plus we would like to do some exploring of the good ole USA.

Looking forward to reading more on this forum... Deb & "H" & our Fur Kids (Sandy, Maggie, Pat, Ernie & Bert)

Old 05-28-2010, 07:39 AM   #2

Welcome Deb! The Fun Finders are a wonderful way to get out and see as well as relax. Glad you will be getting one! Welcome to the group!

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:49 AM   #3
sbb

Hi, I'm from Northern NJ, Denville. I have the same Fun Finder as you. So far I love it. It is a little daunting for me sometimes since I travel alone 95% of the time, but I like my little bathroom and shower. I am going back to dealer on Monday, I have trouble keeping the shower water thingy in place and I am wasting water fiddling with it. Other than that everything is just fine. Perhaps I'll see you down the road.
50 Watt Solar Panel
36 Nights Out 2011
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #4

Thanks Susan and Jersey Girl! We are here in Cape May County (outside of Sea Isle City) with the new camper set up in the side yard. Right now we are calling it Redneck Camping... lol. Trying to get it set up for a trial run. So far things look good.

Jersey Girl, hope you get your problem solved with that shower. Know leaks can be frustrating
Old 06-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #5
sbb

I hear what you are saying about camping in the yard. I have a T@B I have not sold yet and my daughter came by last week to air her tent! My husband said he was going to start charging me by the night. Sometimes I just go out and take a little nap in the trailer.
I hope to recover the dinette, but I am having trouble figuring out how to change the decorative back of the dinette seats. I figured out how to do the windows. It has to be all or nothing. I am getting a beachie type fresh stripe to liven it up and go with the comforter.
50 Watt Solar Panel
36 Nights Out 2011
sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #6

Congrats and welcme to the the forum!!
deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #7

Thank you all! Next weekend we will be taking it out (locally) to a state park for a couple of days. (no elec, no sewage but it will be fun to get away with our daughter and granddaughter) Just purchased a Honda generator which can be used up until 10 pm if needed each night.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:41 AM   #8

We took the camper out to Belleplain State Park here in NJ and had a wonderful time even with the extreme heat. No hookups but we did bring a generator to keep the AC going (worked out great!) This mini outing gave us some time to get use to the trailer and to figure out how to set things up better for future outings. We initally had problems with the refrig not getting cold but after re-reading the refrig pamplet found out that the trailer needed to be level. Hubby (who didn't stay out with us) must have eyeballed the setup instead of using a level. So our daughter & I leveled out the trailer and that fixed the refrig cooling problem. Was our daughter, granddaughter (19 mo) & I who stayed in the trailer. We had an awesome time!

Now we have the camper back in the yard and set up for some Redneck camping...lol.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #9

Glad to hear that you are liking your model. My wife and I also are purchasing the 189FDS and are anxiously awaiting the first trip.

FullCircleHook is offline   Reply With Quote