Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #1

Default New x210wbs

About ready to order a new 210wbs with a customized bunk over the bed (basically take the front from the straight 210 unit) Will be a perfect size for my family of 4. mainly camp in western ny with a trip or 2 to Adirondacks and Vermont or NH each year. That's all for now. I'm sure I will have more questions/comments later.

Ashley

Ashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #2

I didn't know that you could get that option. I have the x210 but would have loved the extra room in the wbs. I have 2 kids a boy and a girl so I needed the extra sleeping space. My son sleeps on the bunk and he is 10. It was a little spooky having him right above your head tossing and turning. I didn't like the way the hinges bowed down when he moved so I went to Home Depot and bought 2 aluminum angel L's and put them in the middle where the hinges are. While I was at it I added 4 more hinges just to spread out the load. It made a huge differance there is very little dip in the bunk now.
The kids both like to go up there and watch the TV. it is nice because it gets them out from underfoot. I am loving my FF and can't wait to go out again.

Prodigy 3
mykidsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #3

Please forgive me if this question has been raised before - I searched the forum and could not find the answer. I had assumed the Fun Finders and Shadow Cruisers were "sister" lines (similar to Forest River's Rockwood and Flagstaff lines), having identical floorplans, but with different model numbers. I am looking at the Fun Finder 210WBS and the Shadow Cruiser 195WBS. The floorplans appear identical, and the specs are nearly identical, but the length of the Fun Finder is 21'9", wheras the Shadow Cruiser is 22'3". Am I reading that correctly?
Roxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #4

Yes, you are reading that correctly The chasis is the same, but, a slight variance in the overall dimensions because of the lack of a front window in the Shadow Cruiser results in a slightly different front cap due to the lack of bracing that is required for the front window in the FunFinder X series.

The Shadow Cruiser, is indeed, a "sister line" to the FF X Series of trailers. The Shadow Cruiser is aimed at the "entry level" buyer while the FunFinder X series is more their "top of the line" series.

If you look at the specs very carefully, you'll note that the FunFinder X model has a front window, the Shadow Cruiser doesn't...the FunFinder X model has twin 30# LP tanks while the SC has twin 20# tanks, the FunFinder X's furnace is 20K BTU while the SC is 16K BTU... If you go to the "Specifications and Options" page you'll find a much longer list of "Standard" features on the FF X line that aren't even options on the SC line.

That doesn't mean that there is less inherent value in the Shadow Cruiser line; just that the Shadow Cruiser is more your basic Dodge series while the FunFinder X is the Chrysler line...a little more bling and a few more "upscale" goodies included in the FunFinder X series. Both are what I consider to be very good travel trailers for the investment.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #5

Wow, Don - thanks for the informative reply! Guess I need to read the brochures closer. I really like that floorplan, but the light maple color cabinets that are available in the Shadow Cruisers are very appealing to me. Really don't care for the white ones in the FF (or the darker cherry ones). I have seen a FF in person; guess I need to hunt down a Shadow Cruiser to see if it looks like something we could live with.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #6

You could contact CruiserRV and ask them if you could get the light colored cabinets installed in a FunFinder X 210WBS if you wanted the 210WBS trailer... Since the floor plans and interior cabinets are probably one and the same as far as shapes and sizes go, they could probably build you one with the light colored wood surface. We had our '08 built with the light colored wood...kind of a cross between oak and a maple hue, very pleasing to us.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #7

Quote:
You could contact CruiserRV and ask them if you could get the light colored cabinets installed in a FunFinder X 210WBS if you wanted the 210WBS trailer...
No fooling? Wow, that's great news! Thanks (again) Don!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #8

Woot! Trailer came in today. Just need to inspect/do paperwork and we are good to go. Come on Spring (Not that we have had much winter in Buffalo up till now. I keep thinking of taking the pop-up out it has been so mild)
Old 02-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
Site Team

Congrats!!

Be sure to make the dealer give you a thorough walkthrough. Have him show you haw everything works and test everything. If there's anything that needs to be addressed now is when you want to find it.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #10

Yeppers. Luckily I have dealt with this dealer before and actually store my camper there (Live in the city and have nowhere to park one) So even if I find stuff after the fact, I can just let them know and they will fix it during the week before I pick it back up for the weekend. They have had incredibly good service over the years and I chose Funfinder basically because they carry them and it fit our needs well.