Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2014, 06:13 PM   #1

Default Newbie from Atlanta with an XT-330 toyhauler

Hey fellas,
Wanted to introduce myself. Name is Jacob and live in north Atlanta region. I have been a lurker for a while and finally registered today.

Me and my wife bought our first toy hauler last year. We purchased it last December from Muskegon, MI. We drove all the way up there in the blizzard because we couldn't pass on the deal we found. This is our first camper, but am not new to towing. I had had everything from utility trailers to cargo trailers. When I first started looking, it was going to be either one of the forest river models or fun finder. we looked at xt276 but didnt like the fact the bathroom was in between garage and kitchen. Then I found a brand new XT330 with a 10 foot garage and a perfect layout for us. Only bad thing about the layout is an access with the slide in. couch is literally 2 inches from the kitchen cabinet, and to get into the kitchen, you have to crawl thru the couch. But it does have the bathroom right next to the bedroom, (wife liked that part) and the bedroom has a door with more privacy when using with more people than just us. What's pretty interesting is the model below it XT300 is around 1000lbs heavier than our 36footer. Our ecoboost tows it without any problems. I average 8mpg and that was during cold temperatures. Truck barely gets out of 6th gear even on small inclines. I do plan on installing rear view camera for the back in the future, it would make a life whole lot easier backing up or maneuvering at gas stations.

We only used the camper once this year due to a pretty cold winter, but it will mainly be used for my motorcycle racing and track days and few camping trips we'll do in the future. Our last trip was down in Savannah, GA when me and a buddy of mine did a private track day.

Here are few pics of the outside and inside. All of the pics were taken few days after the purchase.

At the dealer getting it ready for departure

Setting up the garage for motorcycles etc..

...and some decals for the back. I removed the stock decals on the rear ramp

First track day of the season

Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 PM   #2

Jacob we also just pick up or 330 it is just like you mentioned the floor plan is just right for the wife. Tell me something about the strapless bike mounts do they remove if not hauling? Can you let me know if you had to do any suspension mods on the truck
Don

GMC Denali-retired
2014 Chevy 2500HD crew cab 4x4
dberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #3

Jacob we also just pick up or 330 it is just like you mentioned the floor plan is just right for the wife. Tell me something about the strapless bike mounts do they remove if not hauling? Can you let me know if you had to do any suspension mods on the truck
Don
GMC Denali-retired
Old 03-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #4

Don
GMC Denali-retired
Old 03-23-2014, 08:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberg
Don
Don,
The strapless mount is called TRS (trailer restrain system) and it is made by Pitbull. Here's the link https://www.pit-bull.com/trailer-restraint.shtml

When the "TRS" is not being used, it can be removed and all is left is a flat metal mount that's bolted to the floor.

I have firestone Riderite airbags for the rear to keep the trucked leveled when hitched.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:05 PM   #6

Thanks for the link. I also have Firestone bags on my Denali looking at a new truck soon which engine does your truck have?
GMC Denali-retired
Old 03-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #7

Thanks for the link. I also have Firestone bags on my Denali looking at a new truck soon which engine does your truck have?
GMC Denali-retired
Old 03-24-2014, 06:21 AM   #8

Quote:
3.5L V6 ecoboost
Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM   #9

jacob what pressure are you running in the bags to level the ride? do you also use a special hitch system? we will be loading up the bikes this weekend for the first trip iam ready to ride after this long winter
don
GMC Denali-retired
Old 03-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #10

Quote:
jacob what pressure are you running in the bags to level the ride? do you also use a special hitch system? we will be loading up the bikes this weekend for the first trip iam ready to ride after this long winter
don
I'm using REESE STRAIT-LINE WD Hitch and without any load I keep the bags pumped up aroundm 6-7 psi to keep the rear at the same stock height. when loaded its around 15psi. I only played with it just a little but will try different psi in the future.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
roy

Welcome on board hope to see you trackside some this year Jacob. We met briefly at Barber last year, Kevin introduced us. That 330 looks nice!

I will be at Nola April 5-6th with Wera. Then we skip the track seen for 2 weeks in Moab, Utah during May. Long pull out there. Did it two years ago but up through some of SW CO. Bought lots a gas.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy
Welcome on board hope to see you trackside some this year Jacob. We met briefly at Barber last year, Kevin introduced us. That 330 looks nice!

I will be at Nola April 5-6th with Wera. Then we skip the track seen for 2 weeks in Moab, Utah during May. Long pull out there. Did it two years ago but up through some of SW CO. Bought lots a gas.
Hey Roy, I remember you! Kevin always talks about you lol. He dragged me into this whole bike racing, and I did my first race at Roebling this month . I won't make it to NOLA, but I hope to you see at little tally April 18-20.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #13
roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob.Stacho
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy

Hey Roy, I remember you! Kevin always talks about you lol. He dragged me into this whole bike racing, and I did my first race at Roebling this month . I won't make it to NOLA, but I hope to you see at little tally April 18-20.
Lol yea me and Kevin go way back. I stay in contact with him and sorta nudged him back into racing. I followed y'all on mylaps that weekend, nice first weekend. I'm not going to make tally in April. I am only focusing on tye mid central region this year. After Nola it'll be barber in June, tally in August, maybe a Stt trackday in sept then back to Nola in oct to wrap it up with Wera.

I missed the jan Nola round due to a ice storm but I made up some ground at tally end of February. I will catch up with you guys somewhere this year. I might be taking a vacation up that way at some point up in N GA around Suches and most likely have the camper and my 750 streetbike. Tough to work in pleasure time and racing all in the same year.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote