Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #21

Send a message via AIM to shadow

sorry missed the on off switch on showerhead should be like little push button a the bottom of the showerhead, if not there may have broken off. like I said unscrew hose for shower head and see if you get flow. Hell I replaced mine with the new low flow higher pressure head with the on off valve on the head I think they are about 25

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:13 AM   #22

Man I feel dumb about the shower. Went into trailer today and there is a slider mechanism on the shower head that pushes back and forth to let water run through shower. I just thought they were knobs to hang the showerhead somewhere. Man o Man. Thanks for the polite way you pointed me in that direction.

What kind of sewer hose do you use, how long and where do you store it since there is no bumper? The included hose is pretty cheapo and can't stretch more than 6 feet. Having never trailored I am assuming that will not be long enough to reach dump stations.

bruce3211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #23

I just went to wally world and bough two boxes of hose and fittings I think I have about 25 feet. Also got a clean out attachment for the hose, store everything in a canvas bag. Thought about mounting a long storage tube but it is such a pain in the ass to get to it was not worth the hassle
Old 05-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #24

Default Dealer come through

I have a new 189 FDS that had a leaking crack on the sidewall by the inlet spout on the fresh water tank. After a brief discussion with my dealer who is 800 miles away, they are in the process of ordering a new fresh water tank, lining up a local dealer to install it, and dealing with Cruiser to make it happen. They did not like the idea of just trying to patch it which is probably what I was going to do. We'll see how it goes, but so far so good. The response of this dealer has been outstanding so far.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #25

Default Propane hookup

Shadow, I thought for sure when I looked at my first 189FDS it had a propane hookup underneath the trailer towards the back on the awning side to hookup a low pressure stove outside. My trailer doesn't have that, does yours?
Old 05-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #26

mine does, used it again this weekend and the rail mounting that the pit hangs off of ripped right of the wall, nice! second time this has happened, fixed and no more hanging
Old 05-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
mine does, used it again this weekend and the rail mounting that the pit hangs off of ripped right of the wall, nice! second time this has happened, fixed and no more hanging
Not sure I understood the "mounting that the pit hangs off of ripped of the wall" part of this. I was quite disappointed to not see this outside propane outlet. It seems like this would be standard. I was intending to find a stove that would plug in to cook outside. Not hang off the trailer, but just set on some table. Bummer. Good thing I didn't by the stove already.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:56 PM   #28

Default Propane hookup update

Just found out from dealer that they stopped plumbing this trailer like with that sometime last year. Good news is, I have a trailer that is called a 2014 on the title, but I must have been manufactured after the change.