Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #1

Default 2015 starcraft AR-ONE MAXX 19BH leak

I have a brand new travel trailer with a side mount AC and it leaks. Not happy about it. I thought the problem was handled but we had some rain the other day and noticed some water on our dinette table. Does anyone else have a side mount AC? The leak seems to be coming from the ac drip pan and down the inside of the window. Getting frustrated. Thanks!

Mccarty11740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccarty11740 View Post
I have a brand new travel trailer with a side mount AC and it leaks. Not happy about it. I thought the problem was handled but we had some rain the other day and noticed some water on our dinette table. Does anyone else have a side mount AC? The leak seems to be coming from the ac drip pan and down the inside of the window. Getting frustrated. Thanks!
Wall mount A/C units are dependant on a downward slope to the outside in order for gravity to carry water away from the inside of the camper. If the camper wasn't level or a bit high on that side, that could be a contributing factor. My wall mount A/C has an additional drain hole drilled in the bottom of the pan underneath so that water doesn't collect in the pan itself.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Have you towed your trailer in the rain? I'm wondering if that's gonna be a problem. If it ever rains here in California I will take it on a test drive.
Mccarty11740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 11:16 AM   #4

Our A/C unit comes with a soft water-proof cover to minimize rain water entry. I've actually constructed a lightweight wooden box to cover the A/C unit to protect it from stones and highway debris (the exposed fins are relatively delicate). Our unit is also installed on the forward facing front wall of the camper so exposure is more direct.

Old 11-08-2015, 07:47 PM   #5