Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #1

Default 214WSD Sliding Pocket Door latches

In need of two of these (cheap plastic) glides/latches that fit on the inside top of each of the pockets doors that slide to close off the front bedroom on the 214WSD,233RBS, 242BDS, etc.

Both of our's broke on the 3 mile ride home from the campsite yesterday. I for got to "bungee" both doors for travel, and apparently it was too much for the plastic parts. Now both doors will not slide open or shut and remain in the upper tracks. They move , but won't stay in tracks.

I realize the dealer is probably the likely supply source, I was just hoping someone on here knows where to get the parts online (as well as get the doors out of their tracks so I can replace the glides/slides).

Thanks all !

Old 10-28-2014, 05:28 AM   #2

Didn't think I would get much help, but thought I would try. I think I found the correct hardware to replace on the doors. Now just to figure out how to get the doors off to replace the latches.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:33 AM   #3

Default Door Slides

Rip:
This may be the one problem I haven't had so I would be interested in hearing how you get the doors off the track in the event I experience the same problem. Thanks Cliff

2011 F-150 EcoBoost
2014 233RBS
Karbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #4

I will let you all know , once I get it figured out.

I believe these are the correct hardware I need to replace. The little nylon latch is what snapped off of the top of the door.

Sliding Door Hanger
Old 04-02-2015, 06:16 AM   #5

The new latches came in the other day. These are not quite as pictured above. The nylon/plastic latch is now made of metal, so that should be much more robust than the previous design. Now I just need to figure out a plan how to get them installed.
Old 04-06-2015, 06:55 AM   #6

Well, I installed the sliding door hangers this weekend. I had to pop off the little screw covers on the valance above the doors to gain access to the hangers. Then removing the valance was easy to do, and then I just had to remove the old broken hangers with a Phillips head screwdriver, replace with the new ones. It took about 15 min. to fix both doors. Pretty simple, and the hew H529 style hangers with the metal brackets should last much longer than the nylon ones.

Here is an article that may help someone that needs to do this in the future.

http://rvecafe.com/door.html
Old 04-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #7

And here is a picture of the new style with metal latch like I used. $3.98 for a pair.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #8

Great information Rip5 and very useful also. Must feel good knowing you fixed something and as a result, it's better than it was

The same scenario caused the lower rollers on our shower door to break off. On our first trip I had the black rubber strap/ring around both knobs to secure the door but a rough road apparently cause the retainer to let go, the doors to slide back and forth and damage to occur. When we got to our first campsite, one door was propped up on the bathroom floor leaning into the shower at the top. Didn't look good.

As previously reported, a call to Cruiser RV customer service (Dave) resulted in him sending me a complete new set of top and bottom rollers. They too, had been improved with metal areas that had previously been plastic on the originals (which had broken) so our doors slide smoothly and are much more robust now. They were quite easy to replace also. So I know the feeling

Also, as previously reported .... I now use a small bungee cord and wrap it around the knobs and then connect the ends together to secure the doors (as well as the original rubber strap).