Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2019, 01:06 PM   #1

Default Air in lines when using water pump.

Hi all,

Need some suggestions. I have a 2009 M-210 and my proplem is when im using the water pump, it wont pressurize the lines and runs continuously (water sputters out, lots of air......an this is with the tank full). I upgraded the pump in hopes of fixing, no luck, same issue. No signs of any leaks, when I hook up to external water (pump off) everything works fine. Does it with hot or cold spigot.

Not sure where to start...nothing seems obvious.

Thanks,
Bruce.

Bapmannh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

Could there be a blockage where the water line emerges from the tank? That splutter is what happens when the pump is running dry.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #3

Sounds like the trouble has to be on the suction side of the pump. There may be a suction screen on the inlet to the pump. It could be blocked with debris. There could be an air leak on the line to the tank from the pump. Since water is much more dense than air, it is possible to suck air in without having a liquid leak out. Since all is fine when city water is hooked up, the pressure side is not your trouble. Good luck.
code2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #4

Bipass valve for winterizing - pulling in anti freeze may be open or failing.

Also, some water tanks have a dip tub that could have come dislodged
Old 03-04-2019, 08:38 AM   #5

I had the same problem a year ago. What I found is that there was a hairline crack in the screw on top of the water pump inlet water screen. This happened when I left a small bit of water in the water screen through the winter. The crack is very hard to see. A replacement water screen fixed the issue.
Ronseidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronseidl View Post
I had the same problem a year ago. What I found is that there was a hairline crack in the screw on top of the water pump inlet water screen. This happened when I left a small bit of water in the water screen through the winter. The crack is very hard to see. A replacement water screen fixed the issue.
This would be my guess as well. The pump will suck air in easier than it can lift water out of your tank which is below your floor. A good place to start, also check all connections on the suction side.

Tags
air, leaks, pressure, pump, water