Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #41

Oh, many of us do not transport our rvs with the fridge turned to gas. There are sites that say it is dangerous to have propane in the pipes that run under the trailer in the case of an accident. They could rupture and cause an explosion. Food should stay fine in the fridge for 5-6 hours if you cool the fridge down for several hours before a trip, only put cold food in it and put some ice packs in if you are resells worried. But many disregard this.

It's a big world...explore it!!!
Michigantraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:21 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Hehe, I meant not electric ignition, have to light it manually. Sorry!!!
Yeah, I did understand that, but then John_C said it was electric.

I think the consensus here and elsewhere is to just run a small portable heater, although I still want to figure it out in case we go camping with no electric hookup. Traveling for work this week, so will check it out when I get home. Do I need to remove that cover to light it, or can I light it though the openings in the cover?

snlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:48 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlsmith View Post
I think we may have just found the problem. I figured it would have an electric start like the fridge has.

Will go grab a couple pics of the appliances.
Oh! Just re-read this. The furnace is like the fridge. You don't have to light it. It has electronic ignition. But lighting the stove purges the system of air.
Sorry for the confusion. They are loud.
One more thing. Running the furnace produces a LOT of condensation in the trailer. Crack a window to help with that. Even so, the windows will get fogged by morning. Those microfiber towels can wipe off the excess moisture. That is another reason to use a small electric if you have power.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by snlsmith View Post
Yeah, I did understand that, but then John_C said it was electric.

I think the consensus here and elsewhere is to just run a small portable heater, although I still want to figure it out in case we go camping with no electric hookup. Traveling for work this week, so will check it out when I get home. Do I need to remove that cover to light it, or can I light it though the openings in the cover?
I guess I chose the wrong wording... I said electric (electronic) meaning it requires 12 volt current (And LP Gas) to make it all function... I apologize for the confusion...

But after all of this, did you get it working???

2013 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 MAX Tow Package
2018 Dutchman, Coleman Lite 1805RB
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantraveler View Post
Okay. Home now.
Re: Airconditioner- yours is like ours. That middle plug is for the optional heat strip. You don't have one. So it is just pre-wired for one. The manual does say the heat strip does not take the place of a propane furnace. Most of us use a small ocellating electric fan to save on propane costs. Our airconditioner is a Dometic (Duo-Therm). The manual we have covers your model. Let me know if you need instructions, but it should be self explanatory.
----
Your cooktop has a different name on it than ours. We have a Suburban model SDN2-SDN3 manual for ours. But yours may be the same product with a different name on it. They all should operate similarly. Let me know if you need PDF 's of operating instructions emailed.
--------
We also have a Suburban direct vent gas water heater.
The manual covers various models. Again, let me know if you want a PDF.
---------
Our refrigerator is a Dometic DM2652. We have a manual for this as well.
------
Furnace is a Suburban . We have manual for models NT-16SE and NT20SE
-----
Our pump is a Shurflo potable water pump.
We have the manual.
If you could send them to my e-mail, that would be great. Address is: snlsmith1 at gmail dot com

Anyone have a wiring diagram too?
Old 03-07-2017, 07:28 AM   #46

Here is a PDF for the furnace. This company may have manuals for the other appliances as well. I haven't time to check right now.

http://manuals.adventurerv.net/Subur...ice_Manual.pdf

http://manuals.adventurerv.net/Subur...SE_NT-20SE.pdf

And for other manuals....
http://manuals.adventurerv.net
Old 03-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #47

So, did you ever get the furnace to function? Does the fan turn on at all? We use ours when we are at our son's house with old wiring and fuses blow if we use our little (1000 watt) ceramic heater. The furnace stopped working and I finally figured out it was the thermostat.

Pull the cover off the thermostat (it just pulls straight off) and look at the back of it, there is a dial in the center for setting the swing and if you change that it should start working again. Try setting it for a short swing to see if you can get it going, then you can adjust it.

We ended up replacing our thermostat with a digital one, but haven't used it since. If you have electricity, use a small space heater, if you don't have electricity, get a heater buddy (propane without batteries or electric) The fan on the furnace will really drain your batteries if you're dry camping.

Let me know if this works for you!

Liz
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintyLiz View Post
So, did you ever get the furnace to function?

Liz
Haven't tried yet, low on the priorities as we probably won't need it again this year and will just use a space heater if needed. Going to buy a small, low power one just for the trailer.