Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM   #1

Default Antenna/cable

Hi, I'm a new owner of a 2008 DS230. So far we love it! One issue on our first trip, I'd read that to switch from antenna to cable you make sure the red light on the cable plate is off. Is this true? It didn't work for me, it never switched over to cable. Thanks!

BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #2

The red light on the switch plate indicates whether your booster is on or off. You are correct in saying the light should be off when connected to cable and on when using your antenna. I'm pretty sure it does not switch between cable and antenna. Once you connect the cable you will need to go into your TV setup and change "over air" to "cable" and rescan for channels.

Fredericksburg, Va.
RiverBend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. Yea I did that but it didn't change anything. This weekend I'm going to bring the trailer to my house where I have a known cable source and play with all the variables. The previous owner never used cable so he was not able to help me at all.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #4

I have only had my FF for a couple of months so my post was based on past RV's I've owned. I guess there could be a switch somewhere. How about it anyone used a cable hookup with their FF that can fill us in?
Fredericksburg, Va.
RiverBend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBend
The red light on the switch plate indicates whether your booster is on or off. You are correct in saying the light should be off when connected to cable and on when using your antenna. I'm pretty sure it does not switch between cable and antenna. Once you connect the cable you will need to go into your TV setup and change "over air" to "cable" and rescan for channels.

Thats what I do and used id dozons of times over the last 4 years.
Sometimes the hook up is bad and I had to tap in to the next campsight{bring a adapter,1 to 2 splitter)
Sometimes the metal pin doesnt go in properly on rv or camp end,make sure you have a good new cable,I carry a 6 foot and a 15 foot cable.
most od the time the 6 footer is good.
Bring a connector with yo so you can use 21 feet if neaded.
2017 Keystone Summerland 1750RD
fourfourto is offline   Reply With Quote