Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2016, 08:32 AM   #1

Default Any experience with modifications and Warranty

Looking for any experience with folks who have made modifications while thier unit is still under warranty ? Our unit is a 2017 265RBSS Signature Series. The old style antenna stinks always feels like it is gonna break when you wind it up or down ? ( why are they still using these antiques ) Also we would like a television mount on the outside of the trailer. I could do the work myself but I am not an authorized dealer and my best guess this would automatically void any warranty.

The response from the dealer was even though it may be installed or performed by an authorized dealer that it is still considered a modification and may still void any warranty ?

So i am guessing I will just wait till the manufacturers warranty expires but how about the extended warranty we purchased hmmmm ?

Love the new unit but just wanting to make minor changes and but dont want void all the warranty.

Looking for opinions Thanks

Old 08-02-2016, 09:12 AM   #2

I don't think that modifying the antenna would affect (for example) the chassis warranty, would it? It would void the antenna warranty. There has to be a logical link between the modification and the application of the warranty. Otherwise, the slightest change to the RV would wreck everything, which we know is not true.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #3

I agree, my biggest concern as far as the antenna would be the warranty on the roof. I know rubber roofs are always aconcern and can be very troublesome ( as i learned from experience LOL) i guess the slightest tear or pin hole can cause havoc on the structure. replacing the antenna i beleive calls for replacing the base.

We also considered installing vent covers over the fans and the dealer explained this required removing the trim to install and thus a modification, stating that a slight tear or pin hole caused by the install would not be covered under warranty.

Just trying to do my research and see if anyone has run into these situations and what thier experience was.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:55 PM   #4

As far as vent cover install goes, your dealer is WRONG. I had 2 Maxx Air vent covers installed on our 2016 Shadow Cruiser 225RBS when we purchased it. The vents DO NOT have to be removed, The covers install in the flange where the vent lid seals. Very simple install. Go on Utube and have a look at an install. Hope this helps,
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 08:57 AM   #5

The manufacture is going to want a authorized dealer to do any upgrades to the unit. This will be specifically for the items that are like the Antenna, fans, misc items like that. If there was a roof leak at that point then they have a avenue to direct the repair cost to along with some sort of security that their interest are looked out for with trained (yeah that's a stretch) tech's doing the work. If your looking to add something structural like a TV mount where it has not been prepped for from the factory then you have a very high chance that you will void your warranty.
G-money is offline   Reply With Quote