Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2010, 05:47 PM   #1

Default Battery Disconnect

We just purchased a new 2010 W210 model as an upgrade to a RVision 14ft unit. My question is that the dealer said the battery disconnect that is located inside by the door is supposed to turn off the battery power. But when I activate it you can still turn on the lights and the Radio system is still active. Shore power is not hooked up. I don't want to take it back to the dealer so soon as they are quite a distance away. Have been fixing most of the little things that I have found wrong with the unit myself.
Thanks

Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:04 PM   #2

Look in your storage compartment, that's where mine is located at.

2011 Cheveolet 2500HD 4x4
Intergtated Brake Controller
ARE Camper Shell
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Honda EU2000ia
Days Camped/2011/37 4200 Miles Towing
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #3

Mine is located next to the entry door by the sink. I traced the wires back to the converter and found they had not connected them up. They are supposed to be spliced into the main line from the battery into the converter. Hooked them up and I now have a cutoff.
Citycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #4

I just bought a 2010 X189FBR. When you open the main door to the storage area in the front of the rig, look up and to the left. You'll see the disconnect switch. Our walkthru guy didn't show us this and there is nothing about where this switch is in the owner manual (hardly worth the paper it's written on). At any rate, that's where the switch is on that model.
imasiasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #5

Default Battery Cut Off Switch

I have a 2008 Fun Finder Xtra 200xt. My cut off switch is located in the cabinet under the sink. It is a push pull switch and some times things would move in the cabint it would turn the switch off. The first time that happed I was thinking that the battery was dead. After several times of this( having to move every thing out of the cabint to reset the switch) I moved the switch in the plastic case to the side so moving items would not shut it of. So fare so good. Glad to see the newer models this has been moved
Tonhop
tonhop is offline   Reply With Quote