Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #1

Default Battery for Fun Finder X-160

Does anyone have any ideas for replacing the battery in my X-160? I am assuming I should get a deep cycle but don't know one brand, model, size or type from another. Thanks!!

Magellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:26 AM   #2

I use this in my boat for the trolling motor and my camper. Very good battery. https://www.autozone.com/miscellaneo...ent/107676_0_0

team dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #3

I use an AGM battery ... Optima Blue Top.

https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-u...e-and-starting

Biggest powered one available to fit into the battery box.

Also use AGM Optima in my vehicles.

Expensive but super pleased with the performance and lift span. NEVER had on die in a vehicle. One in the pickup still functioned perfectly after 11 years use when traded the vehicle off.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:03 AM   #4

I use group 31 batteries from Napa -- they have 110 amp/hour capacity, which is more like 55 amp/hour usable capacity. I have two batteries --one in use and one in reserve. I swap them out when the first one gets to 12.1 volts.

Make sure you do not let your battery, of whatever kind, get down below 50 per cent state of charge, or 12.1 volts measured in a resting state. I did not know this rule at first, and I ruined a couple of batteries before I learned my lesson.

The whole battery maintenance area can be confusing and intimidating. Hang in there and ask lots of questions!

Also, I recommend that you keep your battery on a trickle charger when you are not camping. I use a BatteryMinder Plus.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 11:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by team dougherty View Post
I use this in my boat for the trolling motor and my camper. Very good battery. https://www.autozone.com/miscellaneo...ent/107676_0_0
Thanks but this one is too big for my box. I found one though.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
I use an AGM battery ... Optima Blue Top.

https://www.optimabatteries.com/en-u...e-and-starting

Biggest powered one available to fit into the battery box.

Also use AGM Optima in my vehicles.

Expensive but super pleased with the performance and lift span. NEVER had on die in a vehicle. One in the pickup still functioned perfectly after 11 years use when traded the vehicle off.
I looked at those and they were a little too pricey for me right now but I think I will go with these in the future
Old 05-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdant139 View Post
I use group 31 batteries from Napa -- they have 110 amp/hour capacity, which is more like 55 amp/hour usable capacity. I have two batteries --one in use and one in reserve. I swap them out when the first one gets to 12.1 volts.

Make sure you do not let your battery, of whatever kind, get down below 50 per cent state of charge, or 12.1 volts measured in a resting state. I did not know this rule at first, and I ruined a couple of batteries before I learned my lesson.

The whole battery maintenance area can be confusing and intimidating. Hang in there and ask lots of questions!

Also, I recommend that you keep your battery on a trickle charger when you are not camping. I use a BatteryMinder Plus.
Thanks. This one is too big for my box but I found one.
Old 05-26-2019, 11:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan View Post
Does anyone have any ideas for replacing the battery in my X-160? I am assuming I should get a deep cycle but don't know one brand, model, size or type from another. Thanks!!
I use kirkland Costco brand 12v 120 Amh deep-cycle in both my 16 & 18ft Fun finders they work great and a better deal!
LilttleRVrentals.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #9

I bought a few costco deep cycle batteries...work great.
Fun Finder X210wbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:21 AM   #10

All the money you spend on replacing batteries may be wasted if you don't have a proper charger for them. Batteries will need a proper 3 stage charger plus equalization to be maintained. I've used Lifeline batteries and they last me at least 8 years. The last set was 10 when they were replaced and this second set is now 3. I don't plug them into a converter charger. They run purely off of solar and even at -20 they charge just fine as long as I clean the snow off. I use a simple PWM charger (Prostar 30) set on flooded. I've boondocked for weeks without an issue even in shade under the trees or with no sun for days in heavy rain. I can usually get enough of a charge from the solar to use the pump and fridge controls. Only using lights, fans and the stereo will draw it down so I might have to be careful in those situations if there is no sun in sight.
Old 05-28-2019, 07:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator View Post
All the money you spend on replacing batteries may be wasted if you don't have a proper charger for them. Batteries will need a proper 3 stage charger plus equalization to be maintained. I've used Lifeline batteries and they last me at least 8 years. The last set was 10 when they were replaced and this second set is now 3. I don't plug them into a converter charger. They run purely off of solar and even at -20 they charge just fine as long as I clean the snow off. I use a simple PWM charger (Prostar 30) set on flooded. I've boondocked for weeks without an issue even in shade under the trees or with no sun for days in heavy rain. I can usually get enough of a charge from the solar to use the pump and fridge controls. Only using lights, fans and the stereo will draw it down so I might have to be careful in those situations if there is no sun in sight.
I did get a charger �� Thanks!