Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #1

Default Bed Cushions Done

After encountering the rudest store clerk in retail history at Joann Fabrics in OKC, I ended up at Hobby Lobby and found some fabric that was acceptable to my designer. I had 5" foam cut here locally, used spray adhesive to glue the foam to 1/4" plywood, then wrapped the cushions with the material. I noticed that the material takes on a different sheen for some reason (yes, I checked to make sure I had the correct side out!) No matter, it looks much better than the Brady Bunch red that is on the dinette. When the cabinet is retracted, the spare cushion hang on the wall the is at the end of the sink cabinet. This gives us a nice, open sitting area. When extended,the spare cushion is added the large area becomes a twin size mattress, which is plenty big for me. I still need to get some Antique White Laminate and skin the side cabinets and the front of the sliding cabinet & install the door. I also have 2 fabric panels to run up the front wall on each side of the window. I figure it will cover some of the ugly that was there from the water leak we repaired.

Jwh92020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:53 PM   #2

Looks good. Grain of fabric is a funny thing. Turn the dark ones 180 and they'll probably all be the same. One thing about JoAnn's clerks, they're all overworked, underpaid, and surly. But at least they are consistent.

Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:28 PM   #3

Marti - My designer said to move the small cushion that is dark to the other side next to the other dark one. Then it will be "balanced" ( I wonder about her "balance" sometimes). Perhaps Joann should re-think things so the clerks aren't so cranky.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:49 PM   #4

Default Added Wall Panels

I added panels to the front wall on each side of the window. It helps hide the damage to the factory panels and cleans it up a lot.