Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #1

Default Brand new 215 WSK - Shower leak...

Just took the first trip with my brand new 2011 Fun Finder 215 WSK.

Pros: For the most part (see cons!) everything worked pretty slick - took some time to figure things out but set up should be pretty easy the next time. We camped in the pouring rain which was actually a good test for everything inside the trailer. Great TV and sound system, no leaks. Did get one evening outside and loved the outdoor kitchen. tonnes of storage.

Cons: The shower (one of the selling feature) leaked when we tested it - seemed the shower head was not connected well and we could not fix it. In addition, water was pouring out from below. Will take to get repaired tomorrow and update this post. Microwave appears to be faulty also. Threw out the sewer hose they provided as it leaks! (thankfully we had a higher quality one from a previous trailer.)

I did call Cruiser from they seemed to provide good customer service. The test will be seeing how this all plays out.

Somewhat disappointing first trip, but it was a short trial run and hopefully eeverything will be in working order for the first big vacation!

gwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM   #2

The good news is that this was an easy fix - the shower tap had a crack and the shower hose needed a new washer. Turned out to be an inexpensive and easy fix and the invoice has been sent to Cruiser RV for reimbursement (we paid the dealer in order to get it done in a hurry).

I called Cruiser RV directly and talked to them 3 times, they gave me an authorization number and were very easy to deal with. I have read about others on this site that have not been so lucky - particularly with emailing the manufacturer. I recommend phoning - twice I had to leave a voicemail and they got back to me within the hour.

Mini Schnauzer Bogey
kayaks, mountain bikes, golf clubs, wine fridge
LIFE IS GOOD
gwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #3

I have the same problem with my 21wsk on the leaking shower stall, running a bead of silicone around base inside stall seams to have staunched the flow. Had my slide leak once during rain because slightly off level. Now I carry a 3ft level to check inside once set up.