Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #1

Default Break in to cargo bay

my cargo bay doors on a 2015 266 KIRB will not open with a key. Key does turn, but nothing happens, either door. Not sure why. Any ideas on how to break in, and replace latch assembly?

Skipwalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 01:05 PM   #2

Does the latch lift or stay down, if it will lift it means the door is unlocked and maybe stuck or glued shut. With out pictures it is hard to give advice. First if this is a new unit it should be a dealer issue. If not I would try a small locksmith air bag if it is same style of latch on my 2015 210uds to pop it open. Or remove the the mattress and top piece of plywood above the compartment and it may give you access to the side doors to pop the latches from the inside as they are probably slam catches and will open from the inside. Hope this helps. Silverado
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2019, 04:43 PM   #3

It looks like you have the same latch as I do. I thought of trying to go thru the bed area also. I may try that out. The unit is a 2015, I bought it last week and one of the compartment doors were open when we got it. For some reason both are "REALLY" stuck closed. The dealer is "supposed" to be sending me new latches. If not, I think I found them online......Thanks for the advice.
Attached Thumbnails
33F39CF5-B0B7-4017-B2CB-69C064835A00.jpg  
Old 04-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #4

The cargo latches on our 2015 210UDS ALWAYS require us to push in on the door as we pull up the latch. You could break fingers trying to open them one-handed.
jimplumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimplumley View Post
The cargo latches on our 2015 210UDS ALWAYS require us to push in on the door as we pull up the latch. You could break fingers trying to open them one-handed.
Then I think there is a flaw in their latch system. It should not require that much effort to open the cargo compartment. I also have tried pushing in on the door while pulling up on the latch.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #6

Okay, got this fixed. Got 2 replacement latches, used a small drill bit to drill a hole in the frozen latch, latch then opened, replaced both and all is good.