Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2019, 07:51 PM   #1

Smile Connecting gas grill

Hello,
I have a 2014 210UDS, and would like to know what to do to connect a gas grill to the camper. There is a line that runs beneath but no connector. Also, should I buy a longer hose to move the grill away from the side of the camper? If you know of a video that would show how, that would be great.
Also, what kind of sealant do you recommend for the roof, and just maintenance.
Thank you!

BlessedNana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:41 AM   #2

I assume you do not have a gas grill as of yet? If you want to purchase one it will have to be a grill without a regulator because if you want to use the gas line under the trailer it is already low pressure regulated by the pressure regulator on your trailer and you will have to install a quick coupler on the trailer as well. I would suggest a grill of your choice which uses a separate bottle with a higher BTU rating. My experience with the types of grills which connects or mounts to the trailer is the poor heat they put off for safety reasons.They will cook hot dogs with no wind @ ambient temperatures of 70 degrees Fahrenheit and higher. If you really want to grill steaks or cook when outdoor temperature are lower you need more heat. Not sure if that's the awnser you are looking for but that is my experience with camping grills. Same principal for camping stoves, I always prefer to have a grill or stove I need to turn down to over come weather conditions.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:23 AM   #3

I have not experienced the same 'low heating' situation as Silverado described with my camper.
It came with a quick connect hookup for the grill that came with the camper. It heats fast and gets hot usually have to turn down the burners to keep from scorching the food. The grill that came with the camper is an "Aussie" and they are available at Camping World.
Here: https://www.campingworld.com/low-pre...78f3298bba62b7

If unsure of what is needed to install a quick coupler in the gas line, your local propane dealer is the person to see.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:32 AM   #4
Site Team

Are you sure there isn't a quick connect fitting on the end of gas line? It may not look like much but would have come from the factory that way. Of course if you aren't the original owner then who knows what the PO may have done. If there is no fitting you will need something like this:
https://propanewarehouse.com/shop/ca...k-connect-set/
And a hose to connect to your grill. Lots of people use a regular grill like a Weber Q-grill, or similar, and remove it's regulator. There are online videos that show how to do this. That way you avoid the low heat problem Silverado mentioned.

For sealant you want to use some butyl caulk. Self leveling for the roof and no-sag for the sides. (You do not want to use silicone). Several brands out there, Dicor is a common one.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
I assume you do not have a gas grill as of yet? If you want to purchase one it will have to be a grill without a regulator because if you want to use the gas line under the trailer it is already low pressure regulated by the pressure regulator on your trailer and you will have to install a quick coupler on the trailer as well. I would suggest a grill of your choice which uses a separate bottle with a higher BTU rating. My experience with the types of grills which connects or mounts to the trailer is the poor heat they put off for safety reasons.They will cook hot dogs with no wind @ ambient temperatures of 70 degrees Fahrenheit and higher. If you really want to grill steaks or cook when outdoor temperature are lower you need more heat. Not sure if that's the awnser you are looking for but that is my experience with camping grills. Same principal for camping stoves, I always prefer to have a grill or stove I need to turn down to over come weather conditions.

We did purchase a two burner camp chef stove.
Thank you for your reply. I will pass this along to my husband.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
I have not experienced the same 'low heating' situation as Silverado described with my camper.
It came with a quick connect hookup for the grill that came with the camper. It heats fast and gets hot usually have to turn down the burners to keep from scorching the food. The grill that came with the camper is an "Aussie" and they are available at Camping World.
Here: https://www.campingworld.com/low-pre...78f3298bba62b7

If unsure of what is needed to install a quick coupler in the gas line, your local
propane dealer is the person to see.
Thank you, Eagle!
Old 05-03-2019, 10:59 PM   #7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAZ View Post
Are you sure there isn't a quick connect fitting on the end of gas line? It may not look like much but would have come from the factory that way. Of course if you aren't the original owner then who knows what the PO may have done. If there is no fitting you will need something like this:
https://propanewarehouse.com/shop/ca...k-connect-set/
And a hose to connect to your grill. Lots of people use a regular grill like a Weber Q-grill, or similar, and remove it's regulator. There are online videos that show how to do this. That way you avoid the low heat problem Silverado mentioned.

For sealant you want to use some butyl caulk. Self leveling for the roof and no-sag for the sides. (You do not want to use silicone). Several brands out there, Dicor is a common one.
:Pretty sure it doesn’t have a quick connect. It looks like a gray square piece at the end. We bought a cam chef two burner grill. I will look for the videos, and also the type of caulk you suggested. Thank you for your help!
Old 05-03-2019, 11:25 PM   #8

Our 2015 210uds did not have a quick connect in the place you described. There is a couple extra holes in the splitter block that I believe you have been referring to. You can remove one of the plugs and install a quick connect if you like. Be sure to use proper Gass fitting sealant and test it with soap and water after installation. Silverado
Old 05-03-2019, 11:39 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
Our 2015 210uds did not have a quick connect in the place you described. There is a couple extra holes in the splitter block that I believe you have been referring to. You can remove one of the plugs and install a quick connect if you like. Be sure to use proper Gass fitting sealant and test it with soap and water after installation. Silverado
Thanks for the information! You’ve been a big help.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedNana View Post
Hello,
I have a 2014 210UDS, and would like to know what to do to connect a gas grill to the camper. There is a line that runs beneath but no connector. Also, should I buy a longer hose to move the grill away from the side of the camper? If you know of a video that would show how, that would be great.
Also, what kind of sealant do you recommend for the roof, and just maintenance.
Thank you!
Hi, The wife and I have a coleman road trip grill that we used to run on the bottles. But we found a hose with connections to connect to our trailer quick connect back by our outdoor kitchen and to the back of the grill. No more bottles and it works great! You can find one for your camp chef grill and a quick connect to attach to your splitter box here www.propanegear.com.
FunFindsUs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 07:49 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunFindsUs! View Post
Hi, The wife and I have a coleman road trip grill that we used to run on the bottles. But we found a hose with connections to connect to our trailer quick connect back by our outdoor kitchen and to the back of the grill. No more bottles and it works great! You can find one for your camp chef grill and a quick connect to attach to your splitter box here www.propanegear.com.
Thank you so much!

Tags
gas grill, sealant