Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
roy

Default Cruiser RV deserves a tongue lashing from this customer

First off I love the layout of this hauler. What I am growing tired of is the shoddy quality to which its built. I am still have power issues. Can't run the AC with anything that it doesn't throw the main 30 amp camper breaker which is hot to the touch. It was reported during the first year and the dealer didn't do anything to resolve it. Another prime example of poor workmanship, I go to put the TV in the back room on the wall mount. I slide it into place and the entire mount just pulls out of the wall luckily I caught the TV. Total BS with two 1/2 wood screws to hold a this up. The AC unit is barely able to keep up with southern summer heat. The heater is barely adequate for a mild southern winter. Seems something is always not working or stops working on a regular basis.

I've talked with Cruiser, I'm done talking with them and I will never buy anything from them again. As for my dealer same applies. I have a 5 year extended warranty that if I were to make claims on all this reject built junk it'd take a year to fix all the bad wiring and bad assebmbly work and even then I don't think it would ever be right. I am seriously thinking of filing a better business claim on them. It won't solve my issues but may help otheres avoid this company.

My hauler is paid for and I feel like this was a huge monetery money pit. The way things just break or fall off is shocking. How this thing made it off the lot is a miracle to me.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to shadow

I had the same problem with my a/c s I ran it until it burned up then they had to replace it free of charge

shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #3

Roy ~ very sad you have had so many problems.

I have had basically NONE save minor little adjustments I easily took care of myself.

Just returned from a week trip to norther Minnesota and EVERYTHING functioned perfect including the furnace and air conditioner. A very heavy thunderstorm moved thru with a frog choker rain and not a hint of a leak.
Plumbing/stove/microwave/TV/lights, etc. all worked as designed.

I'm a happy camper and no regrets paying cash and didn't buy any extended warranty even tho this is my FIRST camper.

Sad to read of your misfortune.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
roy

Yes this experience has been very frustrating. Not sure how all this went wrong. Could be this is an early production run. Either way I have seen better work and craftsmanship from a group of 12 year old Boy Scouts. The things happening on this unit are totally related to a poor build and not QC. Oh yea they checked it all off on the QC sheet as good at the time it departed the factory. Wrong most of all that checked ok had failed since we've owned it.

BBB may need a claim on file with my experience with Cruiser and Country Creek RV Center. I should have this thing perfected in say another 2-3 years of aggravating trips in it.

The camper has a out 15k miles on it to date so we have used it but usage is not what's making things to wrong its 100% related to poor build quality and shoddy work practices. Maybe I just notice things more.

WERA Expert #826
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #5

Hello Roy , I feel your pain !!!! I also have a 276 and had a few issues , the plumbing under the shower and the support under there a joke !! Had to redo everything under it and re support it . I also paid cash for it and just the warranty that came with it . Other then a few other small things , I guess it's not to bad , I don't even have a hole drill in the diamond plate to stick the tool in to lower my spare for this thing !!!! How did that get missed , I rewired my breaker box and respliced all my cable jacks , they were falling off , I would like to go to there factory and show some of these workers how to take a few more mins to do have of this stuff the right way , oh yea both my tail lights are half out and they are LEDs , I though they would last more then a year !!! Good luck buddy !!!
securityman is offline   Reply With Quote