Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #1

Default De-winterizing Funfinder X DS 230

This is our first time flushing antifreeze from system. The water heater nor furnace will start.

Help!!

Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #2

Hi Judy, I just flushed ours, necessary annual chore!

The two things you note should not be related - flushing and lighting the appliances. Have you checked to be sure you have power to the rig ... shore line or battery? If you are sure you have gas in the lines, the likely culprit is no power to the igniter circuit.

Be sure the gas lines are purged of air ... I usually light a stove burner when I first turn on the gas to enable it to quickly come up to pressure, but do that with some ventilation. It often takes several attempts before gas is in the line from the tanks. Once a stove burner lights, there should be enough gas for the other appliances to light up.

Be sure on your water heater that you have closed the bypass valve in the WH compartment and opened the hot and cold valves at the WH (... not sure where that is in your TT, but is accessible from inside normally) and then be sure the heater is full before lighting.

Smart to start the furnace and WH ... don't forget to check the fridge to see that it also lights up for gas operation!

Good luck and I'm sure you'll get some more suggestions here!

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #3

Another thing to check... Make sure your battery disconnect is set to the power on mode. If that has been turned off, intentionally or accidentally, you won't have 12v to the igniter boards for any of your equipment (Reefer, furnace or water heater)...

As for flushing the system...don't quite understand if you have a question about that or if you are asking about a possible tie in to the furnace and water heater not working. To flush, either put water in your fresh water tank or hook your hose up and turn all the spigots on in the trailer, one at a time starting at the closest one. Make sure you do that before you put the water heater back in the loop with the bypass valves, otherwise you'll introduce antifreeze into the tank and it will be a while before it is all washed out.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #4

Webslave, so glad you caught those points, especially the flushing BEFORE the bypass valves! Good that several folks look at these! And I didn't even think about the battery shut off ... I've done that to myself, so I should have thought of that!

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote