Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 07:24 AM   #1

Default electric jack advice

My electric jack on my 2009 X189FBR went and I would like to replace it with one that has a manual over ride and the ability to hand crank it if the motor dies.Does anyone have any suggestions for a particular jack? Is this a big job to replace it? Looks like the old one was an Atwood Mobile products C31807116( 2007) but it does not have a way to use a manual crank, as far as I can tell. The last thread on this topic did not have any answers to this question.Thanks!

CRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:30 AM   #2

Default electric jack help

Turns out the jack does have a way to manually raise and lower. It requires removing the motor and using the hex nut. A handle is available Lippert # 146365, or you can use a wrench or adapter with a power tool. Also turns out the connection to the fuse from the jack was disconnected

Old 01-03-2020, 10:23 PM   #3

My Husky brand has a very easy override. Comes with a 'key' you insert to switch it to manual and a little crank that inserts into the top to wind it up/down. Its geared really low to make it easy to do.
Tedious to do, but very doable when without power.
Most electric tongue jacks I've seen have something similar.
My particular model of Husky also has a remote with it which is VERY handy to operate the jack without having to be beside it holding a button.
Combined with my back up camera its pretty cool hooking up by myself! Or just when levelling, I can stand at the side watching the level while raising and lowering.
Got it through Costco online for about $299
DiverRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 02:24 PM   #4

Thanks! I like the idea of the remote.