Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #1

Default Eternabond??

Has anyone used Eternabond tape on roof leaks yet? I ordered 50' on Ebay last night as I had a tiny leakage thru my X-139FK AC this winter...also seems a little is coming down thru the front wall. Gonna get up and look and was gonna do the leveling sealant, but Eternabond seems to be a permanent solution and UV protected. It's expensive, but I like the "semi-permanent" feature (climbing up top being NOT my favorite activity!!)

2005 Sun Cruiser Fun Finder X-139FK
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L (Winston)
Cadillac Sedan de Ville V8 (Great White Whale)
obxgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #2

Default Eternabond

I purchased a 2009 16X with a roof that had inunmerable tears and rips in the roof along with cracked caulking. As part of the repair, I patched all or the damaged areas with eternabond before coating with liquid epdm. I also re-seated all the thru-the-roof fixtures and sealed the edges with eternabond. Seems to be holding up well after a year in intense California sun.

shakyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #3

shaky, thanks for that update -- it is good to know that there is a solution if we run into roof problems. None yet on my 2012 X-139, but it is also parked in the SoCal sun.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #4

Default Eternabond

I have used it to repair a small dime size tear on my roof. Its been 2 years and its holding up great. I am thinking it will last as long as the roof material. Great stuff.

You may want to check the seals around the windows, when I resealed my windows I removed all of the windows. The sealing putty tape used to form the seal around the window frame to the frame of the TT was not making contact in a lot of spots. The only thing keeping the water out was the thin caulking around the window frame on the outside.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #5

I used it to tape and seal all the roof seams in our previous trailer that had the old style aluminum roof skin. It worked great.
Chirpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #6

Also check the lights outside on the front slant. Ive read they are a weak spot for water getting in. You could tape over the cutout, & pull wite through a small hole then caulk around light cover once its back on.

dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote