Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2019, 09:44 AM   #1

Default Fan-tastic or Maxxair Fan

Want to replace our stock vent fan. It will be either a Fan-tastic or Maxxair fan. Probably going with least expensive of either model. I'm leaning to the Fan-tastic but I'm not thrilled about how the dome is lifted on only one side. Seem that could cause flutter on the road when closed. Would be interested in anyone's experiences on reliability, performance and noise of either fan. Thanks. Don

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:15 AM   #2

When ordering my unit, the dealership highly recommended I add the Fan-tastic fan for air movement. It is multi-speed & thermostatically controlled which is great.
Never had I experienced any flutter from the lid dome on the Fan-tastic fan located near the front of the camper nor from the factory fan located toward the rear of the camper.
I've very pleased with the Fan-tastic fan but must admit, no experience with the Maxxair fan.

Old 05-30-2019, 08:39 AM   #3

I have 2012 210UDS. I put a Maxxfan 4000K (Maxxair) over the bed and a Vortex in the bathroom. What's "important" is putting the Maxxair vent covers over the vent lids/domes. They're great because you can leave the covers open with no fear of rain soaking the inside. You can also leave the cover open a bit while towing to keep airflow up, and the vent lids won't be ripped off. I have been pleased with both fans. The Vortex is a simple 3-speed reversible fan, controlled with a dial type knob. Powerful and not too noisy. The Maxxfan 4000K does have a thermostatic type setting to allow it to come on if a preset temperature is reached. It is reversible and has soft touch buttons as controls. It seems quieter than the vortex. Install of both is well within the abilities of most DIY'ers.
runner421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #4
Site Team

I installed the fantastic fan several years ago and love it. The factory fan was so noisy you couldn't sleep with it on. You can barely hear the fantastic fan, even at the highest speed. (I have the one with all the bells and whistles so the speed adjusts to the temperature setting.) I don't have any experience with the Maxair fan but I would guess they are both of similar quality. So I would buy whichever one is the best price with the features that you want.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
Site Team

This weekly special popped into my mailbox this morning:https://www.adventurerv.net/maxxfan-...als_06_03_2019 It looks like it's the manual fan and the rain cover and appears to be along the lines of what you were looking for. Don't know if there are better prices out there' but thought I would pass it along,
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:32 PM   #6

After giving it a lot of thought I decided to go with a Maxxair 4000K fan. I liked the twin arm support of the vent cap and intake/exhaust feature of this specific model. I got it on ebay from adventuresRV and with the Father's Day ebay bucks paid $134 shipped. I receive it and tested it out to make sure everything works before installing it. Wow is it quite and it really moves a lot of air. For those that have this model, I was told that it is Remote Control ready even thou the instructions don't mention it.
So I found a seller on ebay that sells the remote for $12 shipped (etrailer wants $50 for it). Anyway, the price was worth taking a chance to see if it works with the 4000K model. I will provide an update when it's installed.

twinster2 is offline   Reply With Quote