Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #1

Default FF 139 Black water level light

I have just purchased a used FF139 and although its in great condition the blackwater level indicator shows 3/4 to full even though I know its empty, could this be just some tissue on the sensor giving a false reading?
Thanks

kiwikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
M&M

Default tank level meters

Hi,
Tank gage problems are very, very common. As you thought, it is very likely some debris inside the tank is causing the sensors to malfunction. Past post have several remedies to address the problem. We purchased a flushing wand from Wal Mart to insert into the black water tank through the toilet. The meter worked better after rinsing the inside of the tank with water.
Good luck,
M&M

Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #3

Thanks for that, not sure where the sensor is located , but will buy the wand and not sure what I am supposed to do with it, but will figure it out

Thanks for the reply
Old 09-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #4
M&M

Default sensors

Hi,

If you look under the trailer, you should see a series of about wires that attach to the end of the black water tank. On our camper, they are located right beside the drain pipe on the tank on the street side of the camper. These wires are attached to the sensors, which are inside the tank opposite the wires. The idea is to try and direct some water spray at the sensors in hopes the debris can be washed off. The toilet opening can be a good access to rinsing the sensors, especially if the toilet opening is fairly close to the sensors on your trailer. Be careful hold the toilet valve open when rinsing so the rubber seal is not damaged by the wand.

M&M
Equal-i-zer 600/6000 hitch
M&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #5

I installed this kit. Works great, i just hook up a hose whenever i dump the black and flush it out. I also got a clear 90 degree elbow for the sewer hose so i can see when the tank is clean.

http://www.rvsupplyparts.com/index.p..._detail&p=8280
metaltff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #6

This happens frequently to me too. When I get home from a trip, per instruction, I add one gallon of warm to hot water with 2 ounces of the chemicals. This typically will dislodge anything caught on the sensor.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #7

If it is really caked on, you might not be able to spray it off, the caked debris can be really tough to get off. A last ditch try, is between sites (when traveling), dump 2 to 4 10lb bags of ice down the toilet with about 10 gallons of water and then hitch up and drive. The ice, sloshing and banging around in the tank while going down the road will help to get the stuff off the little probes that protrude in the tank and leave the stuff in the bottom of the tank to be drained out the next time you empty the tank.

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin :R

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX DP
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB (now gone)
2008 FunFinder X 210WBS (Sadly gone)
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #8

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by webslave
If it is really caked on, you might not be able to spray it off, the caked debris can be really tough to get off. A last ditch try, is between sites (when traveling), dump 2 to 4 10lb bags of ice down the toilet with about 10 gallons of water and then hitch up and drive. The ice, sloshing and banging around in the tank while going down the road will help to get the stuff off the little probes that protrude in the tank and leave the stuff in the bottom of the tank to be drained out the next time you empty the tank.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #9

Thanks to everyone , will try all, someone told me about the ice !!! said it worked wonders
Old 09-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #10

Another thing to check ........

Make sure the wires attached to the sensors on the outside of the tank are snug!

I found acouple loose wire on my fresh water tank and on the black water tank and tightening them took care of it.