Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #1

Default FF 319 RLDS Power/Battery Question

Hello everyone!

My boyfriend and I are first time travel trailer and Fun Finder owners! here! We've been loving our Fun Finder so far, but ran into a couple problems at the latest park and need some advice.

When we plugged into the 50 amp service here only our lights and 1 ac were working. The fridge, tv, microwave, electric fireplace, and most outlets weren't working. After 2 days the owner of the park finally sent someone to take a look at the hookup. The plug and breaker at our site were replaced and did nothing. Finally after replacing the breaker for our site at the box that has breakers for multiple sites in our row, our appliances were thankfully up and running again!

However during the time they were off our inverter (it's a Magnum CSW 1012) was beeping and threw error code E05: Unit has sensed the input voltage is low and has initiated a warning alarm (@11.2 VDC). The corrective action was Recharge the battery (to at least 11.8 VDC) as the unit will shut down shortly. Since the power has been back on the inverter is still off so my questions are:

1. Is the inverter supposed to be on when we are connected to 50 amp power?

2. What position should the battery disconnect be in when we are connected to 50 amp power?

Any advice is very appreciated! We've been living in the trailer about 2 months and this is the first time we have run into problems so I just want to make sure I have my facts straight for the future. I'm attaching pictures as well if the inverter and disconnect.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8242.jpg   IMG_8241.jpg  

Zoë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 07:58 AM   #2
Site Team

1. The inverter supplies 120V power from your 12V batteries, so when you are connected to shore power you don't need it.

2. You really should leave the battery connected when you're hooked to shore power.
The switch isolates the battery from the rest of the electrical system so it won't charge if disconnected.

From your description it sounds like your battery was discharged so the inverter shut down as it should. It will take some time to recharge the battery.
LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote