Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2018, 07:53 PM   #1

Default Fiberglass front cap heat buildup

Our 2015 FF-210UDS has a brown fiberglass front end cap that absorbs heat like nobody’s business. The heat in the overbed storage and the tops of the bedside closets has shriveled the woodgrain contact veneer. And we assume that we also lose heat on cool days. So I’m trying to figure out if it would be possible to somehow insulate the backside of the fiberglass or fill the entire cavity. I thought about fiberglass batt insulation, but it would have to be encapsulated in large plastic bags to prevent fibers from finding their way inside. Lose fill or blown type insulation might work, but how to prevent the dust from getting in. Spray foam interests me, but it would adhere to everything it touches. Does anyone have any other ideas that would knock down the heat?

jimplumley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:27 PM   #2

I have the exact same trailer. There is a thin piece of fiberglass batting in the front. It only reaches to 16 to 20 inches from the top. I pulled out the inner panelling and used bubble foil insulation to make up the difference. It is allot better but not perfect. Cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. If yours is built like mine there is a space you can fit you hand between the frame and fiberglass front along the bottom, if you reach in there you will see what I mean. I assume to avoid moisture build up. The proper way would be to remove the front Fiberglass cap and spray foam the front. The rest of the trailer seems fine. I hope my explanation make sense as it does in my head. Silverado

Tags
fiberglass, front cap, heat buildup