Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Default Foam insulation???

I am wondering if anyone has tried to put spray foam insulation anywhere on their FF? I was thinking of putting a layer of window/door stuff over the wheel wells on the inside of the trailer under the table seats? I like to travel in the Fall and thought it might cut down on propane heating use.

Thoughts anyone?

dogs_rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:29 PM   #2

When I took out my Dinette, I covered the wheel wells with sheets of Styrofoam insulation. It is cheap and easy to do. I can't remember exactly how I attached it, I'm sure I just used latex caulk to adhere it because it's flexible. I taped the seams with duct tape I think. The stuff I used was not very thick, and I don't know how much of a difference it makes but it makes me feel better LOL. I put it under the kitchen sink but didn't bother to try to get under the refrigerator.

Liz

Old 10-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #3

PS I am wanting to put spray foam around the water tank drain and the water tank inlet because if you look at them from inside the camper you can see outside LOL

Liz
Old 10-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #4

I used the spray foam in a pressure can found at at Lowes, Walmart, Home Depot, Menards, etc. and filled any and every opening where wires or plumbing entered/exited thru the floor of the camper.

No hole = no open door for mice, insects, spiders or other crawly critters!!

As a side note, for winter preparation while the camper is stored, I toss about "Fresh Cab" packets thru the camper. NEVER had a mouse issue!

"Fresh Cab" is available at most farm/home stores, at Walmart, etc. Best stuff every found to keep rodents out and it's cheap .... one box of 4 packets for about $12.00

Old 10-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #5

how about the underbelly -- on my 2015 shadow cruiser -- the underbelly is riveted to the middle stringers however the ibeams that run the length of the trailer the under belly is just laid on the ibeam and not fastened. I can reach my had up along the ibeam. Anybody have a solution to shore this up as i can imagine rodents can climb into the underbelly very easy.
shorthairsrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #6

hmmm... I am now thinking sprayfoam might be the way to go. I don't think rodents like to chew through it. For this winter I think I'll just soon put it away with those Fresh cab things, or at least a thousand bounce dryer sheets in it, if I can't find the fresh cab locally.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthairsrus View Post
how about the underbelly -- on my 2015 shadow cruiser -- the underbelly is riveted to the middle stringers however the ibeams that run the length of the trailer the under belly is just laid on the ibeam and not fastened. I can reach my had up along the ibeam. Anybody have a solution to shore this up as i can imagine rodents can climb into the underbelly very easy.
wondering if that's to allow for expansion and contraction of different materials? Felxible spray foam may help with that as well.

Tags
insulation, wheel wells interior mods