Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   FunfinderClub > Fun Finder Tech > Modifications, Repairs and Maintenance
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
RKV

Default Front end insulation

Has anyone else found the front insulation in their Fun finder to be useless? We are just back in Montreal after spending two months in Florida with our 214wsd and while we were there the temperature in the above bed storage was often 20 degrees warmer that the inside of the trailer, and the wardrobes were almost as warm. I lined the storage compartment and the two wardrobes with Reflectix in an attempt to keep the temperature lower but a couple of days ago with a temperature of 70 inside the trailer it was still 90 in the over-bed storage. I am considering a second layer of Reflectix.
Any thoughts?

RKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #2
Site Team

One thing that comes to mind is those areas are closed storage. As such the air inside doesn't get circulated with the AC like the rest of the trailer. You could try leaving them cracked open a bit and see if that solves your problem. Not sure if that will help, but it's cheap to try.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:31 AM   #3

Robin, I had the same problem with my 214. If you open the over bed cabinet there is a panel held on by screws. I removed mine and found they had not insulated all the way to the top. There was about two foot with no insulation. I insulated it with fiberglass bat and it made a world of difference!
Rvnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
RKV

Thanks for the info, but my 2014 model does not have a removable panel - it is well and truly stapled on, and not removable at all.
RKV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #5

RKV, even though the panel is stapled, you might be able to remove it. (I had to remove some stapled paneling on my trailer to get at some wiring.)

Very carefully, using an awl, I dug under one of the staples and pried up on it. You may need to put a flat piece of metal next to the staple so that the awl does not dig into the panel when you pry on it. The staple should come straight out -- if necessary, grab it with a needle nose pliers to get extra leverage. And you can position a screwdriver next to the tip of the pliers, if you need a fulcrum.

Once I had removed the panel and finished the wiring job, I used small screws to re-attach the panel. Be sure to drill pilot holes in the panel -- otherwise it may crack. Please do not ask how I learned this.

But here is something to watch out for -- some panels are glued to the styrofoam insulation in the walls, which could be damaged if you pry off the panel. I am guessing that this will not be a problem for you. Let us know how it goes!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:39 AM   #6

Sorry Robin is been a year since I fixed mine and it was stapled I did just what Profdant descibed. You don't have worry about styrofoam in that area though.

Rvnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote