Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #1

Default Front laminate 210UDS

I just noticed today on my 2012 FunFinderX 210UDS as I was cleaning the front that at the very bottom in the middle I was able to stick my finger under the laminate and pull it out about an inch or so. It was very attached at both ends at the bottom and only had the flex in the middle. I could not see any screws or other method of attaching the front middle cap to the backing frame. Anyone know if this is normal to have a little flex in the fiberglass (?) front like this. Thanks for any info.

EDLCRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Site Team

I would say no, the laminate should be firmly sealed. You don't want dust, dirt, road debris or worse - water, getting in there. I assume you're still under warranty so I'd have the dealer fix that ASAP.

LJAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #3

EDLCRI, please give us an update on your laminate issue! What was the problem and how did the dealer fix it?

2012 FF X-214WSD
2010 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, 5.7 Hemi MDS, Huskey 1200lb trunnion WD, Prodigy Brake
Yamaha EF2000i
Prion Seayak Kayaks
fischnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 AM   #4

Default Front Laminate

I contacted my dealer and took my trailer in for repair. By the way, I have a great dealer in Albany, Oregon. So, apparently, when they attached the bottom section of the front cap at the factory, the attaching screws were at the wrong angle. So, they really did not attach to anything. My dealer resealed the bottom section and put new screws into the framework and now it is nice and tight. So, good idea for everyone to just check the bottom of the front cap. Just poor QA at the factory. Other then this, I have found few problems and we are pleased with the trailer.
EDLCRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #5

Default Front cap not properly attached -- easy to fix

Same thing happened to me -- bottom of front panel not well secured. Took off the bottom decorative moulding strip. Re-did the screws at the proper angle so that they went into the aluminum cross frame. Drilled 1/8" pilot holes and used 1.5 inch self tapping hex head sheet metal screws. Easy.

BUT someone should alert Cruiser -- this little issue should be caught at the factory. I thought that my case was unique. Apparently not.
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #6

I would be interested in knowing whether anyone with authority at Cruiser RV reads the Fun Finder forum and makes quality control changes based on user comments. Has anyone out there ever officially heard that they are listening? What about the Cruiser RV website feedback link? Anyone ever seen proof that they watch our comments and make changes?
2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4
jbfunfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #7

Default I bet Cruiser is listening

Cruiser is a major player in the RV biz and they have adopted very modern manufacturing techniques -- I do not know whether they monitor the web for comments and ideas, but I would be shocked if they do not -- lurking is a common business practice. They will not announce their presence, but they are here. (Hi, guys!)

I should add, speaking as the one who mentioned that my front cap was not properly secured, that the vast majority of the factory work on my new FF was great. Very minor flaws, here and there.

profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote