Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2018, 07:28 PM   #1

Default Fun Ender Banshee edition, or WHAT IS THAT NOISE?

Fun Finder x230ds. There is a horrible high pitched noise which seems to be coming from behind the radio/DVD player in the console. No, it's not the low voltage CO monitor, that's what I thought but I disconnected it and the sound continues unabated. I do not yet have a long enough square drive to remove this to investigate further but something behind the "radio" is making a tone so high pitched it is hard for my age 55 years to pin down without a lot of work. In a few years I probably wont be able to hear it at all . Power on or off at the "entertainment" system = no difference. Power off to parts of the trailer diminish the noise but I suspect it's just running off the battery.

ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS???

Fun fact: kids are using high pitched ringtones adults cant hear and store owners are using high pitched sounds to discourage teens from congregating outside their stores. WHATEVER THIS IS WOULD WORK!! Grandchild free camper. Check it out on youtube -

But seriously folks, this started last fall after I put the camper up for the year and had way too many other things to do but it's (sort of ) spring here now in Michigan and I'd really like to go camping.

HOW CAN i EXORCISE THIS DEMON??? HOW MANY HOT DOGS / MARSHMALLOWS / DALMATIANS (think Coachman, perhaps not apres pos) MUST I SACRIFICE ON THE ALTER OF THE BROKEN HITCH OR SMOLDERING CAMPFIRE TO RID MYSELF OF THIS? HAVE I BEEN READING TOO MANY BEST OF CRAIGSLIST ADS? Yes, yes I have but they are hilarious.

Seriously though, what the heck is this?

Beachseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:45 PM   #2

Have you tried pulling the fuses, one at a time?

If it is really hard for you to hear, maybe get an electronic guitar tuner? They are not expensive, and they may help you determine when the sound is on or off.

Could this be the antenna power switch? Mine is located under where the radio is (or was -- I removed it). It is sometimes part of the 12 volt outlet under the radio.

Let us know what happens, and good luck!
profdant139 is offline   Reply With Quote