Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #1

Default Fuse or breaker for slide-out?

Hi,
I have a 2012 214WSD and the slide has suddenly stopped working. I found the controller in the compartment with the water heater. I checked and found no voltage across the power in connections. I checked out the fuse panel under the fridge and found no fuses blown.

Is there another fuse or breaker somewhere I can check? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

elwood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #2

Default Re: Fuse or breaker for slide-out?

Hope this video and links help....

Lippert Schwentek Video 01:54 in this video....

Here is another thread on this site about slideouts
http://www.funfinderclub.com/phpBB2/...3824bac2454fee

2010 189FDS uses a power gear system:

http://www.powergearus.com/products/slideout-systems

http://support.powergearus.com/techd...ideout_Sys.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood77
Hi,
I have a 2012 214WSD and the slide has suddenly stopped working. I found the controller in the compartment with the water heater. I checked and found no voltage across the power in connections. I checked out the fuse panel under the fridge and found no fuses blown.

Is there another fuse or breaker somewhere I can check? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

mooneybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 PM   #3

Thanks for the links. Fortunately, everything worked fine on my last trip. It was home in the driveway when it failed to slide out.

I would love to find a wiring diagram for this trailer, or someone who can tell me where I might look for a breaker or fuse or other cause for no power getting to the controller.

Jim
Old 07-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #4

Not sure on the Fun Finder but most slides have a fuse mounted in a rubber box about the size of a match box. Inside, under a rubber flap, there is a pencil size lead button that you have to push in to reconnect. Follow your positive batterry lead up to your switch and you may find it if it is wired this way. It maybe installed on the underside of your frame. Good luck.
caseyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #5

Default Update:

Thanks for the info.

I never found any additional fuses or breakers to check. I've been waiting on a callback from the dealer. I finally got frustrated enough to go out and probe around some more with a meter. I realized the open circuit was on the ground side of the power supply. I chased it back to the control panel at the entry door. Upon removal of the control panel, I found that the ground wire for the slide had pulled out of one of the big crimp-on wire nuts behind the panel. It was an easy fix from there.

Thanks again for the help.

Jim