Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #1

Default FW leaks when attached to City Water

Hello Everyone....As mentioned in a previous post (under Towing) I am new to the RV world. I purchased a 2011 Cruiser RV VF 21FB privately. I had a local RV service center de-winterwize it. And when I got it out on the road and in my first RV park I hooked up the City Water hose and immediately noticed that fresh water was spewing rather signficantly (steady leak under pressure) from the red and blue lower drain hoses under the RV.
When the City water pressure is turned off; the leaking stops.
I notified the RV dealer who had done the de-winterizing and he stated that there is possibly a valve to isolate the lower drain lines...however when I traced back the hoses it seems as though there is no isolation for these lower drains and that the only mechanism to isolate the leaks on both are the plugs which are screwed into each line. Is this typical?? I tried to remove and re-attach the scew plugs, but they still leak. They seem to leak around and 'through' the plug although it's difficult to know for sure.
Any ideas?? Have you encountered this?
Pam

phunter408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #2

I believe the 'plugs' you are referring to on the red and blue water lines are actually the 'low point drains' to drain all the water out of the lines.

The plugs, when installed properly, should show zero leakage. I'm thinking someone may have cross threaded the plugs and ruined the threads so they will not seal and hold water under pressure.

The 'fix' would be to replace the plugs and the connection they fit into on the hoses.

Just my thoughts without seeing photos.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #3

Mine are actually white and red dripped as well using city water. I took the cover off and re tightened it appears to have stopped at this point. Hope not cross threaded as mentioned above.
PattyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #4

Default RE: FW leaks when attached to City Water

Thank you to everyone for your responses and advise.
It turns out that one of the plugs was cracked--and apparently cross-threaded as well. Thank you Whoever De-Winterized my RV!!!
YOu'd think these plugs would be easy to find....Noooooo
But anyway--Camping World fixed that as well. And I'm good to go.
Thanks again!
phunter408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #5

Default Re: RE: FW leaks when attached to City Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunter408
Thank you to everyone for your responses and advise.
It turns out that one of the plugs was cracked--and apparently cross-threaded as well. Thank you Whoever De-Winterized my RV!!!
YOu'd think these plugs would be easy to find....Noooooo
But anyway--Camping World fixed that as well. And I'm good to go.
Thanks again!
Glad the situation is resolved. And you can thank that 'warm body filling a slot' that De-Winterized your unit.

Those 'warm bodies' are showing up everywhere ...... is why I always try to do my own maintenance.

Knowledge = power and money in your pocket.

Hint: Lots of knowledgeable folks here and/or YouTube has tons of videos on how to repair most anything if you feel you have the basics and tools and are somewhat capable.